We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions -- Staying at the Majestic Elegance

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions -- Staying at the Majestic Elegance

I am staying at the Majestic Elegance April 26-May 2.

I am trying to figure out what all Excursions I can book through the resort...and at what price.

Does anyone have a excursion menu with prices??

Thanks all!!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions -- Staying at the Majestic Elegance

i would also love to know if anyone has any information on this.

GA
Level Contributor
93 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions -- Staying at the Majestic Elegance

I'm interested in this info, too. We were just going to wait until we got there to book, but then I saw a post saying the prices are higher at the resort. Would love to know for sure!!

atlantic city, nj
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions -- Staying at the Majestic Elegance

I have been to Punta Cana twice. Although I have not stayed at the Majestic, I believe you don't book your excursions through the hotel. You book them through the tour operators that have desks in the resort lobby. I don't think there are excursions specific to the Majestic and I don't think the price is specific to the resort. For example, Apple has a tour rep you can book through in the lobby, you can look on the Apple site for prices and descriptions. If you are traveling through a tour operator, you will most likely have a "welcome meeting" where all of this is explained to you and you have the opportunity to purchase excursions. They may be a bit cheaper if you purchase ahead of time, but I have always preferred to plan activities when I arrive and have a feel for the weather and what type of excursion I feel like doing.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions -- Staying at the Majestic Elegance

The excursions which are sold at the hotel are not actually sold by the hotel but by the various Tour Operators which book your reservations at the hotel.

The hotel provides an area for their use, usually in the lobby area where the Tour Operators keep regular office hours when they sell excursions. When they are not there they have a binder full of info, including their schedules. While your Tour Operator wants you to buy from him/her you are in fact free to purchase from whomever you wish.

The excursion offerings vary from Tour Operator to Tour Operator.

Gregg

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions -- Staying at the Majestic Elegance

Sorry jocie41317, posting at the same time - LOL.

Gregg

atlantic city, nj
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions -- Staying at the Majestic Elegance

Gregg,

Can you talk a bit about the pros and cons of purchasing an excursion through a tour operator in the lobby vs. purchasing one through a vendor on the beach? I've always purchased mine in the lobby because of second hand warnings, but I would like an opinion from a reliable source. Thanks!!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions -- Staying at the Majestic Elegance

I always caution people about purchases made on the beach

BUT

at the same time I always try to find a local above board vendor with whom I can make a deal.

The "guys on the beach" are always there to take your money but if the weather is uncooperative or an excursion is canceled due to low sales - try to find them, and even then try to get your money before your flight leaves. I know there are some reliable ones but there are also some who do not qualify for that title.

There are two companies who do pre-arranged airport pickups (their names are all over this board) and both, I believe, also sell excursions. They had better be above board because if they get a bad rep here their business will circle the drain. Either of them or some other local PUJ based companies can do a good job for you.

FYI the reason I don't like purchasing from the Tour Reps in the resorts is because of the way they treat the tour organizers in order to sell their excursions. For the simple act of selling the excursion and passing on the name to the actual tour organizers they get an exorbitant "commission" approaching 40% (typical, not universal) which makes almost all of these excursions over priced, IMHO.

Gregg

8. Re: Excursions -- Staying at the Majestic Elegance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 23, 2009