We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best time of the year to visit?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
614 posts
Save Topic
What is the best time of the year to visit?

Considering best deal $$$ and decent weather, what is the best time of the year to visit? Flying from New York State- 2 adulta and 2 teenagers. Any other reccomendations? This will be our first stay would like an all inclusive at a reasonable price. Thinking of A christmas vacation?? suggestions?? Thanks so much!

PA
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best time of the year to visit?

We were there the 1st week of March of this year and the weather was absolutly gorgeous, high 80's to 90 and no humidity. Ocean and pool were both refreshing but far from cold. Not sure about other times but i would certainly consider going back about the same time again

Edmonton
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best time of the year to visit?

I went at the end of March this year and the weather could not have been better! Hot and sunny all day, nice breeze from the ocean, humidity not too bad. It rained one morning for a few hours, but it was warm rain and kind of refreshing. That afternoon felt like the hottest one of the week!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best time of the year to visit?

Any time from January to mid April and you are almost guaranted perfect weather...

The 2 and 3 week of January are usually a bit cheeper and then the price jumps for high season end of January to mid April.....

Terry

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best time of the year to visit?

If you're looking for a deal, Christmas is NOT the time to go. If you are flexible and prepared to not get anything, you can see what might arise for a sell-off at that time. Christmas is one of the 3 most expensive periods in the year. If you are set on going at a particular time or to a particular resort, sell-offs may not be the way to go though.

November, the first few weeks of January, and later in April will be your best prices in 2006. Easter is the weekend in the middle (14th - 16th). After that, the price will drop drastically.

I recommend that you find the place that you like and get a quote on the week that you like. If you are traveling from New York, your options are going to be soooo much better than most of us! You may find that it's feasible. Work from there.

Good luck!

Kaki

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best time of the year to visit?

From mid December to end of april if your looking for xmas and new years weeks and want to save money Playa dorada area is cheap if u leave in around December 18,19,20,21, prices are good. they are from Toronto i don't know out of NY state. Prices are higher leaving December 23,24. they come down a bit for December 25 Dep. Wife and i go every xmas and new years weeks i'm booking 2 weeks in the next day or 2, before they jack up the fuel charges. this year i think were going to the Allgro Playa Dorada hotel its ranked a 4 star but its more like a 3 star. From Toronto December 21 to January 4 its $1574.00 plus $242.00 taxes per person includes air and All inclusive .

NYC
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best time of the year to visit?

Wow!That sounds like the perfect deal for me - except I am leaving from NY (Icould leave from TO if neccessary). It'll just be me...Who did you book through? I'm hoping that price is still available.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best time of the year to visit?

Vegas4, I think anytime is a GREAT time to go! I have been this year in January, April and August and am going back for Christmas. I LOVE the South Coast LaRomana and LOVE Casa Del Mar, that is where I am heading for my Xmas Xcape! I have my review posted here with pics dated Sept 10th. Also have pics of my vacations on webshots.com under username baltobabe if you would like to see the resort and why I love it.

Whatever you decide, have a great time!

all the best,

baltobabe/mt