We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family resorts also have topless women?????

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
rahway new jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
family resorts also have topless women?????

i stayed at ocean bavaro and coundnt belive my eyes when i went to the beach and saw topless women every where i am an american and this is not common here unless you are in a nude beach. my kids where very uncomfortable. But we just got used to it after a while so americans beware of the europeons topless everywhere

USA
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: family resorts also have topless women?????

Yes there are topless everywhere. I am form the UK and have been known to do my fair share of topless sunbathing (no big deal). However now i am married to an American with 2 small children and to be honest i never really thought about what my kids will think. I will not be topless as we will be having a family reunion. I find it kind of amusing that people get shocked by this although believe me my husband will probably be getting many a smack to the head if i catch him peeking for any extended period. LOL

When were you at the Ocean Bavaro? How was your trip? Any advice?

We will be there 4 weeks tomorrow!!!!!!!

PA
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: family resorts also have topless women?????

Yes, as Americans here we are taught it isnt right to go topless at the beaches, but in Punta Cana we aren't in America are we. We knew the beaches were topless so it wasn't a shock to us as we were prepared for it. When leaving the country you must be aware of their customs so you wont be uncomfortable with them

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family resorts also have topless women?????

If being topless was so bad to Americans,i wonder why National Geographic Channel shows the naked tribes of Africa and South America?It's time we grow up and stop complaining especially when it's not happening in your backyard.

4. Re: family resorts also have topless women?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:26 am, September 04, 2005
PA
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: family resorts also have topless women?????

I surely wasn't complaining here, I see nothing wrong with it....The way I look at it is " When in Rome, do as the Romans do" LOL

6. Re: family resorts also have topless women?????

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:27 am, September 04, 2005
7. Re: family resorts also have topless women?????

Removed on: 11:28 am, September 04, 2005
PA
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: family resorts also have topless women?????

I must ask you about Hedonism, I always wanted to go there, I know this isnt the Jamician forum, but since you mentioned it....Well worth the trip huh?

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: family resorts also have topless women?????

mvsweety......

had you no idea that the beaches were topless?

I guess not since you only have one post...

Research before it saves the complaining that comes after.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: family resorts also have topless women?????

Mvsweety, if you hadn't been on the forums before and haven't travelled too much then you wouldn't have known and it would have been abit of a shocker. You didn't even have a chance to mention it to you kids before you arrived and I can understand that. Now that you've been away like that you know and so do your kids. Sorry if you've been a little freaked out on here.