We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Punta Cana - High Holy Week!!!!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Caldwell, NJ
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Punta Cana - High Holy Week!!!!

As posted previously, my husband and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary at Secrets PC from April 7-12. I recently found out that most of our vacation will be High Holy week in Punta Cana, which supposedly is very important to the local people. Has anyone ever been there during High Holy week before and how will it effect our trip? Thanks for any input!

Belle River, Ontario
Level Contributor
396 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Punta Cana - High Holy Week!!!!

First time we went to DR (Secrets) it was during holy week. There were some resort activities that weren't available then either (although, for the life of me I can't remember which ones, so it must not have been too important).

Shouldn't affect your stay in the least though. Enjoy!!

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Punta Cana - High Holy Week!!!!

I have been there also during Holy Week, and what there is to do is put to a halt, no activities etc, i would make sure not to go that week again

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Punta Cana - High Holy Week!!!!

it's amazing that so many sinners try and behave on holy week,i wonder how much of the 10 commandments they adhere to?My solution is to have holy week 52 weeks in the year and see what happens.

West Caldwell, NJ
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Punta Cana - High Holy Week!!!!

Caribe Princess - REALLY! Oh, no. No activiites whatsoever? No entertainment or anything? How could they even keep the resort open then? We'll probably be the only people there. I'll be sure to check with my travel agent when it gets closer and see if the price goes down during that week. It doesn't seem fair.

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Punta Cana - High Holy Week!!!!

well i am sure resort to resort it will change, but i know for sure and i double checked witht he girl i travel with, the animation was still out, doing volleyball etc, but any motorized water sports and excursions outside the resort were cancelled!!

dallas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Punta Cana - High Holy Week!!!!

Yaxfan,

With researchI've done, there are no motorized activities during that week, If it doesnt have a motor your good to go. There would be no boating and side trips that use a motor. Hope this helps.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Punta Cana - High Holy Week!!!!

vanxfan....you have time to switch to another island,why does it have to be DR ?

West Caldwell, NJ
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Punta Cana - High Holy Week!!!!

I'm all booked...first class airfare and everything. If it's just the motorized aspect, I can live with that I guess. Boy, it's gonna' be QUIET! LOL

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Punta Cana - High Holy Week!!!!

are you going with vacationexpress?i upgraded to first class for $100.00

West Caldwell, NJ
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Punta Cana - High Holy Week!!!!

No, Liberty Travel here in NJ. I was able to upgrade with miles.