We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrade to Premium room at Sunscape

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Upgrade to Premium room at Sunscape

I have reservations for a Deluxe room at Sunscape, have a chance to upgrade to a Premium room...is it worth it for $30.00 per day? Is there a big difference?

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrade to Premium room at Sunscape

This is a question I would love to see answered too. On reading a lot of the reviews, it seems as though the standard rooms are small, is this true, and what do the Premium rooms have that the deluxe ones don`t

Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrade to Premium room at Sunscape

Okay I was there in May and I researched this resort I came to the conclusion people like a lot of options, it is also a way for the hotel to make more money is to supply different room categories.When they build a resort it is more difficult to make different sized rooms and they save money with more simple plans. The Deluxe and Premium rooms are the same size. How many people have checked the difference?(not many I suspect)All rooms have a bed, tv, sitting area and washroom with tub.Honeymoon rooms, suites have a shower no bath tub with a jac.style tub outside.JMtravel.com has the most extensive information there is on sunscape take some time to check out this sight.I believe this is where I noticed they said note all rooms are the same in size except for honeymoon/suites.Look closely at the exterior photos as well.I think the different room categories are a sales technique a very good one.I felt the rooms while limited in size where ample enough for two if are where going to pay an upgrade I would wait until I was there and upgrade to a honeymoon.

Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Upgrade to Premium room at Sunscape

This is copied directly from JMtravel.com

Sunscape The Beach Accommodations

620 rooms with 9 connecting 3-story buildings.

Rooms are equipped with one king-size bed or two queen-size beds, superior furnishings, balcony or terrace, air conditioning and ceiling fan, direct telephone with data port, 27" satellite TV with remote control and international programs, hair dryers, vanity mirror, alarm clock, shower and bath tub with VIP amenities and in room safe. The in room minibar is refilled daily with soft drinks and juice.

Room Category Quantity

Deluxe (with garden view) 158

Deluxe Partial Ocean View 72

Premium (with garden view) 56

Premium Private Garden (with garden view) 150

Premium Swim Out (with private garden and direct access to the pool and king size bed) 54

Honeymoon Deluxe (ocean view with private garden) 12

Honeymoon Deluxe Swim Out

(ocean view with private garden direct access to the pool and king size bed) 16

Honeymoon Suite (Private outdoor Jacuzzi and private terrace) 96

Master Suites (oceanfront with two bedrooms and private Jacuzzi and private patio) 2

Presidential Suite (Ocean front with two bedrooms and private Jacuzzi and private patio) 2

Imperial Suites (Ocean front with two bedrooms and private Jacuzzi direct access to the pool) 2

Important Note: No roll-a-away beds can be put in rooms. It is either two double beds or one king bed in rooms. All the rooms are the same except for:

Honeymoon Suites*

Presidential Suites *

Imperial Suites*

*Upgrade rooms above have single sofa sleeper.

Cribs are available and fit in all the rooms.

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upgrade to Premium room at Sunscape

Thanks so much for that info

Boston...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Upgrade to Premium room at Sunscape

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question...

Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Upgrade to Premium room at Sunscape

no problem lots of people helped me too!

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upgrade to Premium room at Sunscape

My TA just emailed me and said our travel provider......Travel Impressions......called and said we would have a premium room with no extra charge.....we were originally booked in a deluxe room at the Grand. She offered a swim out room for an additional $840 for the 2 weeks. I declined!!