We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$%!@#^&*Questions about the Grand Flamenco$%!@#^&*

Long Island, NY, USA
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
$%!@#^&*Questions about the Grand Flamenco$%!@#^&*

Hi again all ;)

I still have a few more questions with regard to the Grand Flamenco. So, if anyone can answer I would greatly appreciate it. First off, are children permitted at the nightclub, Mangu? Does it require any particular attire? I know that they have a kids club but I have read that it has not been available previously. Has anyone used the kids club recently? Any babysitting available? Thanks for any other info that I may not have thought of as well. You've all been soooo helpful before. Thanks so much in advance!!!

Tiffany ;)

P.S. My e-mail is toohot2handlenow@aol.com. Feel free to e-mail me with any information or if you'll be in Punta Cana from Aug. 28th- Sep. 4th.

Toronto
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: $%!@#^&*Questions about the Grand Flamenco$%!@#^&*

As far as children being admitted to Mangu...nooooooo, it is a nightclub and they serve alcohol so the same rules apply as in any other nightclubs.(although you dont mention their ages, 18+?) It is not very dressy, but not casual...I like to dress for the night on vacation, so I wouldnt show up in shorts and a tee...you will want to be comfortable to dance the night away though!

Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: $%!@#^&*Questions about the Grand Flamenco$%!@#^&*

Hi - Baby-sitting services in hotels are usually an informal arrangement with animation staff, or other hotel staff, rather than advertised services and you pay an agreed sum for their time - U$10 for 2-3 hours would be a good price

At the Grand Flamenco, however, they charge U$10 per hour for one child, U$15 per hour if there are 2 children and U$21 per hour if there are 3 children (quite a nifty little business they have going here!). This needs to be arranged with at least one days notice at the Guest Services desk.

It's probably better to have a more formal arrangement such as this as you will have more clout should you need to complain if there be a problem

The kids club is open every day from 09:00 hrs until 18:00 hrs and is open to kids between 4 & 12 years of age and the children are constantly supervised and they do not insist that a parent or guardian remain with the child. This service is included in the all-inclusive package

Hope this is of some help

bb

Long Island, NY, USA
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: $%!@#^&*Questions about the Grand Flamenco$%!@#^&*

Hi bb ;)

Thanks for all the great info. With babysitting prices like that who wants to go out?...lol. Oh well at least the kids club is included. Hopefully we'll get some use out of that.

Thanks again,

Tiffany ;)