We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Riu?

Minneapolis, MN
3 posts
Save Topic
Which Riu?

My fiance and I are honeymooning in Punta Cana in October. So far from the reviews we have narrowed it down to one of the Riu resorts. My question is, should we pay the extra money for the Palace, or would it be just as good to be at the Bamboo or one of the others? If so, which would you suggest? Thanks for your help!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Riu?

If you feel the little extras are worth the money - go for the Palace. After all you'll only be honeymooning once (hopefully).

If not the Bambu and Taino are the most popular. Meleo is almost exclusively for Europeans and Naiboa is not on the beach, but is a super value because you can use all except the Palace also (except dinner).

Gregg

Toronto
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Riu?

As a loyal RIU guest, I agree with Gregg...the only thing I notice is that the Palace does seem to cater to an older crowd...but it is the most exclusive in the complex, so may just be what you are seeking for your honeymoon!

Have an awesome time, I know you will which ever one you choose! ( I have stayed in Taino, Naiboa and Melao!)

Canada
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Riu?

If you don't want a lot of kids around go to the Palace .