We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cleaning your own insulated mugs?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brantford, Ontario
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cleaning your own insulated mugs?

Several people have written in their review that you should bring your own insulated mug for drinks. If the water is not safe for consumption, how do you wash your cups at the end of the day?

NY
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cleaning your own insulated mugs?

bottled water

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cleaning your own insulated mugs?

Soap and tap water followed by several rinses of bottled water.

The water there is not toxic, our systems just don't tolerate it well and the "standards" (LOL) are not the same as ours as well it may contain things which are not present at all in ours.

Gregg

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cleaning your own insulated mugs?

bring soap or u can use shampoo and rinse with bottled water.

Hewi next time u go to Tim Hortons save the card board trays when u go to the bar u can get 5 drinks on 1 tray and 1 drink in your other hand, thats what i do works well i also bring extras and give them out.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cleaning your own insulated mugs?

Eskimo.....great idea!

We rinsed ours with tap water and then bottled water. Wasn't a problem.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cleaning your own insulated mugs?

I wash them in SOAP/TAP WATER, then I use the coffee pot in the room to get REALLY HOT WATER, and RINSE THEM (supposedly getting the water that hot should kill anything swimming in the water. I generally but a really cheap insulated mug and leave it there. But I got a decent one last year and it has been on so many trips it should get frequent flyer miles.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cleaning your own insulated mugs?

I rinse them with bottled water at night and in the moring I take them and rinse and rinse them again with the hot water from the tea tap in the restaurant.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cleaning your own insulated mugs?

Since you all were so scared of drinking the water and had to go through all that trouble.....Why dont all you move to Alaska or Sibeira where the water is supposed to be 100 % all natural.