We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone back from Riu Bambu recently?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone back from Riu Bambu recently?

Just wondering about mosquitoes as is everyone else. Any other info such as which rooms are best would be wonderful. We are leaving Jan. 6. Can't wait!!!

St. Louis
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone back from Riu Bambu recently?

we aren't going till january 22 to the Riu Bambu. if you get home before that and have time let me know how it was....please.

i have become concerned about all the people having intestinal problems. we plan to take pepto tabs each morning. let me know if you hear of people getting sick while there. sure don't want to spend my vacation in a hospital.

i have emailed and asked for rooms along the beach side of the resort. having not been there not sure...buildings mentioned as good in other reviews were 1, 2, 3, 22, 23, 24,...i did email and got a reply that they would try their best. did you look at the map on the debbie's caribbean travel site...very helpful.

i have taken an extension cord on our last two trips and have found it very nice to have because so many on the rooms have so few outlets. plastic bags and nice plastic cup a must. i also take room deoderizers and bounce dryer sheets. if i have room in my suitcase i take somethings on hangers as there are usually only a few in the room...then i leave the hangers. i also plan to take small water bottles to pour water into from the big bottle you get in the room, easier to handle to brush teeth and then can also take water to the beach with you.

i have probably given you more imformation than you wanted. we have stayed twice at the Allegro in the DR and i found all the hints from other travelers so helpful that i pass on when i can.

have a great time and hope to hear from you.