We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Resort!!!

Ontario
5 posts
Save Topic
Great Resort!!!

This resort has to be one of the best resorts my boyfriend and I have ever been too. It has just about everything you could think of. From the moment we got there we new we were going to have a great time.

You defiantly won���t be disappointed with the size of the pool being that it���s the largest pool in the Dominican. I think it took us 30min to swim from one end to the other. The beach is gorgeous. Lots and lots of loungers and umbrellas to lay under if you don���t want to lie in the sun. As far as drinks go, you couldn���t walk more than 5min with out running into a bar. The selection of alcohol is never ending. They have just about everything you could think of. The food selection was also great for not having all of there restaurants opened yet. But don���t worry they are due to be open at anytime. The entertainment staff is great. They were always planning different activities and always trying to get everyone involved. Water aerobics, water polo, swimming contest, beach volleyball, bike tours, darts, archery, dancing lessons, and Spanish lessons are just a few of the activities they had planned while we were there. Kayaks, wind surfing, catamaran and paddle boats were also made available to us on the beach. The theater was the largest theater we had ever seen. The shows were great and not overly long. The bar at the theater must have had over 300 bottles of alcohol to choose from and was also the bar that was open until 2am. Right behind the theater was the games are where you could find 3 pool tables, an air hockey table, a ping table and a few race car games. What we are trying to say, is that you will always have something to do.

Please keep in mind that this is a brand new resort and it still has a few kinks that need to be worked out. Communication is a problem that we encountered while we were away. If you have any problems I would suggest that you speak to the Concierge on duty.

Over all this is a great resort and for anybody who is having doubts���DON���T!!!

I almost forgot the weather was GREAT!!!! 85 degrees everyday.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!!!

Macao Surf Camp
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Punta Cana Surf Adventure
Kitesurf Punta Cana - KBS School
Gear Rentals, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Kiteology - Kitesurf Academy
Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Resort!!!

You are talking about Sunscape The Beach, no?

chicago
Level Contributor
331 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Resort!!!

Christina, you also forgot to tell which resort you were in? :-)

I would say sounds like Bahia...

cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Resort!!!

Sounds like Sunscape the Beach - It sounds fantastic!!! I think we just need to be prepared for some normal issues of any new place. Jakemister's pics looked beautiful - I for one am really excited about going!!!

Guelph, Ontario
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Resort!!!

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I'm getting married at Sunscape in May and I just hope that it is all I wish for. So far it looks awesome and I can't wait!!!!!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Resort!!!

Christina, Thanks for the great review. I'm still trying to find out if the tennis courts are open.

Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Resort!!!

Hi!

We're going to Sunscape on the first of January. Thanks for your feedback, glad you enjoyed your trip. I was just curious what you thought of your room, and specifically what kind it was?

Looking forward to your reply,

Kevin

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Resort!!!

What was the nightlife like? I heard they only had the disco set up on the beach, how was that?

Ontario
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Resort!!!

VenessaJ

I am so excited for you to be getting married at such a beautiful resort. You will be so happy with everything the resort has to offer. The two gazeboes and court yard they have on site or gorgeous. If you are getting married on the beach you have nothing to worry about being that it���s one of the cleanest beaches I have seen. Congratulations ahead of time.

Clevelandbound

Yes the Tennis courts are open. They sill need a little bit of work but they are defiantly in operation. I actually saw a few different people playing while we were there.

Kevin/Mary

I was very impressed with the rooms. Being that it���s a brand new resort you don���t have to worry about everything smelling all moldy like you would at a resort that���s been around for a while. The furniture is very modern looking, mainly light colours. We personally had a King Ocean View Suite, and we loved it.

Bsemande

After the night show their wasn���t to much to do besides drink or dance on the beach. They are truly doing that best to keep everyone entertained. The Music on the beach was nice because it was different. If you wanted to though they did give us the option to go to there sister resort Secrets.

If anybody has anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

Christina