We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chloroquine Effects

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
4 posts
Save Topic
Chloroquine Effects

Going to Punta Cana on the 29th and just got my Chloroquine perscription. Can anyone who has used the drug give any first hand accounts on side effects?

Toronto
Level Contributor
287 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chloroquine Effects

Just started taking our this past weekend. If you follow the instructions and take them with food (and preferably drink milk) there should be no side effect - we did not experience any at all. If you take them on an empty stomach I gather you will not feel to good and will get cramps and aches.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Chloroquine Effects

Yup, my husband, my 6 year old son and I took our first dose last week. We took it right after we ate supper and we were fine. The key is to do it with lots of food in your tummy. Only two more sleeps.....

Ontario
Level Contributor
297 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chloroquine Effects

Hi,

We took our first dose of chloroquine on friday before dinner and had no side effects at all. I agree with the other folks to take it with food. That's what our pharmacist advised.

Have a nice holiday. We leave on saturday and can't wait.

New York, NY
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chloroquine Effects

Ok well these first 3 answers seem to agree on no major side effects if using on an empty stomach at least during the first week. Thanks. Any accounts out ther from those on it longer?

Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chloroquine Effects

I took chloroquine (8 of them over an 8-week period) the last time I went to the DR and had no side effects, but was careful to take them on a full stomach. I agree, that's the key.

bolton england
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chloroquine Effects

hi , we had chloroquine as a family of four we were all fine no side effects at all, enjoy yourself we had a brill time in punta cana xx