We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to Wear?

oquawka, illinois
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
What to Wear?

We are a mid-western couple on our own....hum sounds like a Bruce Springstein song. Well anyway !st time travler to the Carr. let alone the DR. We are in our early 50's(not to old I hope?) Staying at Catalino Bravo, need advice on what to bring and what not to bring( I no to ol;d for a Speedo). Could someone help us out with this.....Thanks

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
451 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to Wear?

Hello Outsiders! I haven't been to the D.R. yet but have travelled to Mexico several times. If you want to get a good idea of what people are wearing on the resorts, just go to Webshots and search Punta Cana and look at some of the pictures! Generally speaking, I would recommend bringing fairly casual clothing such as little sun dresses, nice shorts, and cotton pants for the men. Men also require shirts with collars for dinner at most places. A lot of the men seem to favour golf shirts, or those Hawaiin print shirts. I am sure you will have a great time!

Catarina

Saginaw, Michigan
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to Wear?

Hi Outsiders - We've been to Jamaica twice and BVI once. Both times I think it's fair to say we overpacked. The one thing you will want to do is take at least 3 swimsuits as they just don't dry very well in the humidity. Shorts, T-Shirts and something you can change into for dinner is fine - but unless you're really into FINE DINING you might not even change every night. Don't lug anymore than necessary - why spend time packing and unpacking when you could be on the beach?? Don't forget any OTC medications you don't want to worry about availability or cost should you need something. Beyond that a good book and you're golden. ENJOY!!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to Wear?

I agree with bringing at least 3 bathing suits as they do take FOREVER to dry. As most restaurants will not let you wear your swimsuit inside, it's a great idea to bring some nice wraps and cover-ups so you don't lose any precious beach time having to go back to the room to change.

:-)