We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana Here I Come... see you there?

Georgia
Level Contributor
149 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Cana Here I Come... see you there?

Locked in on a package today for Sept 9th. I am so excited. DH & I be at the Allegro Punta Cana for 7 nights!

Anyone else going at this time &/or at this resort?

Any suggestions as to what little gift/tip type items I should bring for the staff & children?

I have already started my "need to pack" box of incidentals.

1GaPeach - all giddy at going on vacation soon!

Chattanooga, TN
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana Here I Come... see you there?

Hi, GA Peach. We've booked the same resort. Leaving from Atlanta Aug. 26. Have never been to DR before. Can't wait!

I'll give you a review when we get back on 9/2!!

Georgia
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana Here I Come... see you there?

Hi GaPeach, We are going to the DR in two weeks. (Secrets Excellence) This will be our first time. We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! Where are you from in Georgia? I read something on a forum to bring things like crayons,coloring books, match box cars, nail polish,mini soaps, bubble bath, sample purfumes,sample lip stick ect. I really think anything you bring from your heart will make a BIG SMILE!!!!!

Georgia
Level Contributor
149 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana Here I Come... see you there?

Hi JustBeach

I live in Kennesaw about 20 miles of Atlanta.

This will be our 1st trip to DR also. I am so excited. This will be our 1st vacation as a couple again since our daughter was born almost 3 years ago.

I am so looking forward to experiencing a new culture and working on my currently non-existant tan.

Georgia
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana Here I Come... see you there?

gapeach, I'm from Warner Robins. LOL on the Tan. I know what you mean I own a tanning salon on the side and never have the time to even tan! This vacation is much needed!!!

Georgia
Level Contributor
149 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana Here I Come... see you there?

Nice to see a neighbor on the board!

I am debating on using a self tanner a couple of days prior just so it doesnt look like I just stepped out of a cave. I also read somewhere that arriving w/ a tan helps reduce the amount of timeshare sales as it looks like you've been ther a couple of days & they have already hit you up. It's worth a shot & a side benfit is I wont cause anly plane crashes from the sun reflecting off my skin. I try to do my part in protecting the masses ;)

julie

Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana Here I Come... see you there?

Hey just beach I am staying at secrets Aug.7-14 is that what time you are there? I am so excited and this our Honeymoon!

Georgia
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta Cana Here I Come... see you there?

we are going August 15-22 . Congratulations !!! hope ya'll have a wonderful honeymoon!!! We are going for our 20th! JB

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Punta Cana Here I Come... see you there?

FYI, for everyone here who thinks they will be experiencing culture in Punta Cana...lol, First of all Punta Cana is a HUGE tourist compound built in the Dominican Republic on the eastern shore about 1 hour from any cities. I've been to the REAL Dominican Republic and have traveled the island quite extensively to The Capital of Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete, Samana and Santiago. If you want to experience any real culture there you need to hire a cab or take a public bus which is very safe and take the ride to Higuey which is the closest town and there you can see how real Dominicans live and also see the oldest Saint living and a Catholic Temple. Check out www.dr1.com/forums for more info on the Dominican Republic.