We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skyservice Premier Class- Worth it or giant rip-off?????

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Skyservice Premier Class- Worth it or giant rip-off?????

Hi- just curious if anyone out there has booked their trips by adding the Premier Package to their Skyservice flights. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I'm not so sure!

I'm booked into the Sunscape Beach in PC Jan 28. I know, I know-I've read all the postings till my eyes started to bleed. I'm looking forward to hearing more from people when they get back and want to keep an open mind. HOPEFULLY everything will be up/running by the time I get there.

:-)

jmp
Ontario,CAN
Level Contributor
257 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skyservice Premier Class- Worth it or giant rip-off?????

work2travel, I like your username! I booked the skyservice advanced seating which is included in the premier package. We had row 1 which was bulkhead, lot's of room for our 2 young kids. Anyway they moved us to row 3 because someone else had just had back surgery(understandable) so they put them in our seats. The issue I had was that they did not refund me back the amount I paid extra. They had told me when I booked that they had the right to move us for our security but did not tell me that they would not refund our money therefore in my opinion I would not do it again.

Calgary, AB
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Skyservice Premier Class- Worth it or giant rip-off?????

We flew with Skyservice last week and did not get the advanced seating. We flew on a 757 and all the seats to me seemed to have the same leg room (except of course for the bulk head). I'm not sure what the Premier package includes (there is a $5 charge for headphones which you keep after your flight and can be used in other systems), we had full service of beverages (juice, tea, coffee etc) and alcoholic drinks are the usual $5. We had a full hot meal which wasn't that bad considering Air Transat customers got a Scone w/ fruit and coffee, all the way from Vancouver. I was quite impressed actually, I've never flown Skyservice and was a little leary of Charters (you hear so many different stories)......just a tip though, don't drink the coffee unless of course you like INSTANT :(

Burlington, Ont.
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skyservice Premier Class- Worth it or giant rip-off?????

Have any of you flown the Sunwing Elite Champagne Service, also by Skyservice?

Apparently they have Extra leg room- reconfigured aircraft, leather seating, 66lbs. for baggage, Complimenrty hot meals and wine, hot towel service etc. Sounds great and was part of my package.

Lefty

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Skyservice Premier Class- Worth it or giant rip-off?????

I just booked the advance seat selection with Skyservice because we are a family of 4 with 2 kids that want the window seat. This way I was assured that they would each get a window seat and we would at least be in the same block of seats. The planes by Skyservice are in configurations of 2 aisles with seats of 3. My girlfriend had booked with Signature and they did not do the advance seating and when they showed up at the airport they (family of 4) were scattered thorughout the plane because there wasn't a block of 4 seats. So if its only 2 adults than you can take the chance and show up early to pick your seats but if you have kids you may want to spend the extra $$ for a sense of mind.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skyservice Premier Class- Worth it or giant rip-off?????

Well, you're supposed to get seats in the "Preferred Seating Area" - whatever that means! I've never flown with Skyservice before, only Air Transat, so I have no idea how their seat configurations work. I'm thinking I've blown a bunch of $ to check-in late, have a pre-selected aisle seat, as there were no windows left in the "Premier Section" (That doesn't appear to even exixt!), free headphones & max 4 alcoholic drinks, which they say up in the air is really more like 8! :-0)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Skyservice Premier Class- Worth it or giant rip-off?????

work2travel, if you booked with Signature you can call 1-866-225-2153 and give them your confirmation or flight number and they will tell you what type of plane you are on, from this you can pick the actual seats you want. This only costs $20.00 per person on its own, however it seems that its included in your premiere package which I don't have. If you didn't book with Signature you can go to this website to find the number to call for your tour opererator: www.skyservice.com.

Signature did offer a "starclass service" for an additional $130.00 per person which included the advance seat selection as well as exess baggage allowance, coupon towards duty-free shopping etc. I didn't feel this was worth it for us so I just went with the advance seat selection.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skyservice Premier Class- Worth it or giant rip-off?????

Thanks for your advice Catherine (& everyone). I booked thru Sunquest, so I'll give them a shout and figure things out.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skyservice Premier Class- Worth it or giant rip-off?????

Wow- the plane is just your standard 757 with no real "Premier Class" section that I can figure out. When I called them, they said if I wanted a window I'd have to be towards the back of the airplane. They even tried to charge me extra for the advance seat selection I had already paid for with the Premier Package!

This seems like a bit of a scam...

Anyone flown Skyservice recently? Any info/advice would be appreicated.

Thx again.

Hamilton, ON
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Skyservice Premier Class- Worth it or giant rip-off?????

Hi Work2travel:

We booked the same flight as well but it was at no additional charge. Why is yours costing you extra? We will see you at Sunscape Beach as we are scehduled to fly in on Janaury 29. Funny thing...the week I get back, I am due in Alberta on business.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Skyservice Premier Class- Worth it or giant rip-off?????

sunlover,

I purchased the "Premier Package" which included a few extras like: late check-in/separate check-in at airport, discounts on tours/duty free shopping/later bookings, "Premier Luggage Tags" (whatever that means!), in addition to comp seat selection and preferred boarding/seating area.

Are you sure you purchased this without paying extra? If so I'll be royally choked, as I already feel like I got took.

See you there.