We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Loco Recipe?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Cumberland...
Level Contributor
66 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Coco Loco Recipe?

Does anyone have the recipe for the coco loco? I looked on the internet, but the recipes I'm finding are a fruity drink. The Coco Locos at Bavaro Princess were more of a milky, creamy frozen drink. Anyone know?

Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Loco Recipe?

Hi there - I think the base is coconut cream from a can with lots of ice & white rum.

Put the whole lot in a liquidizer and away you go - aim for a slushy texture and drink through a straw.

You can also get canned coconut milk which you use for cooking curry & other sauces but this isn't milky enough for the cocoloco so best use the coconut cream ... bb

Stewartstown, Pa
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Loco Recipe?

The Coco Loco's at Sunscape The Beach had a hint of cinnamon to them also.

New Cumberland...
Level Contributor
66 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco Loco Recipe?

Thank you! I thought they told me it had Creame De Coco in them, Rum and then something else... I just can't seem to remember. And I can't forget the chocolate around the glass! AAAH! Thank so much!

Liverpool England
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco Loco Recipe?

Hi i went on a marinarium trip while i was stayin in punta cana and they amde it fresh infront of us. Its fresh coconut, ice, milk, sugar, and brugal (dominican rum) hope this helps. By the way do you know the recipe for mama juana? my email is xxaimzxx8@hotmail.com

New Cumberland...
Level Contributor
66 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco Loco Recipe?

Aimz,

I don't know that recipe - but doesn't it have the spices and jerked wood, etc. in it? Did you try it? I was afraid! HA!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coco Loco Recipe?

Coco Loco is made from fresh coconut water,it's not the milk from the dried coconuts.they add about 4-7 different kinds of white liquor.similar to a Long Island ice tea without the splash of coke.You will have to experiment a little to see what kinds of liquor you like the best,it's was originally made by a bartender in Mexico,my first was in Acapulco 22 years ago and it lasted for 5 hrs,i had to keep adding ice to it...yes..it was that strong.

New Cumberland...
Level Contributor
66 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coco Loco Recipe?

Get out! Holy heck! I'm never gonna figure this out! I was hoping it was like 3 things slapped into a cup with chocolate on it!

Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Coco Loco Recipe?

AIMZ - you're probably right - you scouse git!

It can be made this way I am sure 'cause I've see it done this way too

I'm from Walton Village - and you?

bb

NJ
Level Contributor
280 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coco Loco Recipe?

Its a sprikle of nutmeg on the top

Level Contributor
1,896 posts