We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Ocean Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ajax, ON
6 posts
Save Topic
Heading to Ocean Cana

I'm heading to the Ocean Cana in Punta Cana with my husband and 7 year old daughter in October. We chose Ocean Cana because it was priced lower than Ocean Bavaro but we were told it's the same resort and we get the same access to everything. Is this true? Can anyone give me some good tips on what to expect? This is our first trip away to an island with our daughter so we hope it is a great place for her and us! We also want to take her to swim with the dolphins. What is better - dolphin island or Manati Park?

Thanks alot!

Alberta
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to Ocean Cana

hi lylcgdk

We stayed at the Ocean Bavaro in Feb. If I heard correct you do get all the same privliages. Ocean Cana has their own buffet and theater. Ocean Bavaro has a very good buffet we thought comopared to Ocean Cana's(we tried it one morning) There is also a pool on the Ocean Cana side but from what we saw it is the "quiet pool" so if you have a kid there is 2 other pools also on the Ocean Bavaro side. Personally, we were on the beach the whole time.

I can't help you with the dolphins, perhaps post a topic with that as the title. You maybe then can get a few more responses.

I hope you have a great trip!

Ajax, ON
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to Ocean Cana

Thanks alot for the response Bananarama. Hopefully it'll be everything we want and more.

Alberta
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to Ocean Cana

I tired my best!

Sorry I don't know all that much about it, but go with an open mind and you will have a blast!