We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sirenis Cocotal Hotel

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sirenis Cocotal Hotel

I am travelling to the Sirenis Cocotal on 15th August from Gatwick, via Manchester.

Our party consists of 4 adults and 5 teenagers aged between 14 and 19.

Can anyone give me tips on the hotel, what is there or not there, anything would be helpful. Thanks.

Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sirenis Cocotal Hotel

Hi there - your message was a little vague but I will do my best to answer with the info I have. Sirenis is a huge 5* complex located about 90 mins from PUJ airport in quite a remote area. They have lots of restaurants where you can make reservations. There are day & night activities to keep you entertained and they also have the usual non-motorised water sports activities included on the beach too. You can check out the web-site for Sirenis for more info. They have a disco but drinks not included. They have a few shops within the resort but as with all hotel shops the prices are about double what a local supermarket would charge. Your holiday rep will invite you to a briefing the morning after you arrive - it's good to go as it's full of useful tips and they can arrange a whole host of trips for you if you wish with discount if you are a group. There's a lot goes on at the Sirenis and people have great vacations there and there is something for everyone - I'm sure your young crowd will have a fantastic time.

nottingham,england
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sirenis Cocotal Hotel

just got back from sirenis cocotal 19/7/05 give me your email address and i will give you any info you need, some people we did meet from wales did gatwick-manchester-laromana airport 14 hours try and get manchester flight if poss. there were some very glum faces when we got off at manchester

london, uk
Level Contributor
418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sirenis Cocotal Hotel

cericdavies, read the reviews under sirenis cocotal/sirenis tropical,(they are the same hotel) ive left a review under the tropical section, click on the links on the left hand side of this page, lots of useful information from people that have been there, i was married there in may.

i went with airtours/my travel via manchester, 8 hour delay and a long flight, it was a nightmare!

scotland, aberdeen
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sirenis Cocotal Hotel

hey i was at the sirenis hotel last year.. and it was lovely.. could not complain about it at all.. the beach is beautiful.. people have been giving it bad reviews about september time.. but that was when the hotel was devestated by a hurricaine! u knwo the roofs are made of plam tree leaves.. Its a great hotel..

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sirenis Cocotal Hotel

Jeff, my email address is cericdavies@hotmail.com.

I have noted that some people say that they emailed the hotel before they went and got a reply, I have done this three times and got nothing back?

devon uk
Level Contributor
237 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sirenis Cocotal Hotel

fantastic hotel, i have stayed there twice and will go back time and time again xxx

Mansfield
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sirenis Cocotal Hotel

I too emailed the Sirenis and got a reply. I asked for a sea view room which I also requested when booking and they said they could accomodate it. But don't expect them to because we got a good room but the view was just f other building blocks.

Basically, you will get a reply but don't expect the promises to be fulfilled!

Milton Keynes...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sirenis Cocotal Hotel

Wea re flying from Manchester 15th August with Brittania. We couldn't get flights from Gatwick so have to travel from Milton Keynes !!!! Going to Sirenis Tropical (same resort) Just look out for the 4 adults and kids aged 15, 11, 6, 5 who drink and eat all day!. That's probably us! Hope you have a great time. My email is jane_fabrizio@hotmail.com By the way, I have emailed the resort with a number of questions and haad replies. Such as......... yes, long trousers for men in the gourmet restaurants etc

Milton Keynes...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sirenis Cocotal Hotel

Wea re flying from Manchester 15th August with Brittania. We couldn't get flights from Gatwick so have to travel from Milton Keynes !!!! Going to Sirenis Tropical (same resort) Just look out for the 4 adults and kids aged 15, 11, 6, 5 who drink and eat all day!. That's probably us! Hope you have a great time. My email is jane_fabrizio@hotmail.com By the way, I have emailed the resort with a number of questions and haad replies. Such as......... yes, long trousers for men in the gourmet restaurants etc

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sirenis Cocotal Hotel

I have just returned from Sirenis Tropical Suites the sister hotel to the Cocotel Beach but it is fact really one very big hotel. I travelled with my partner and our 2 teenage children. My 15yr old daughter was okay as she got into the disco at night but that didn't open until 11pm so she was hanging around until then but my 13yr old son struggled a little. There was a sports bar where they had table tennis and pool as well as board games but it was exceptionally hot in there and away from the main hotel, this closed at 11pm and like most teenagers on holiday he thought it was too early to go to bed at that time and so he and the friends he had made tended to hang around the reception area until about midnight. The daytime entertainment is aimed mainly at the adults with things like beer drinking competions at the side of the pool. We made the most of the 2 weeks we were there but were glad to come home and will certainly not be going back. If you like places like Butlins you will love this hotel!