We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana in February - school kids?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, MA
3 posts
Save Topic
Punta Cana in February - school kids?

Has anyone been here in February? Are there lots of families with kids on school vacation?

Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana in February - school kids?

I hope that there wont be many.. were going on spring break so you wont think so

north carolina
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana in February - school kids?

I'm going in February too, I hope not too many kiddies, no offense moms, I love kids, just not on this vacation!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana in February - school kids?

In Canada elementary/jr.high/high school kids have spring break during March. Its the Universities that have a break called Reading Week usually the 2nd week in Feb. We went last reading week and their were still quite a few kids but not enough to bug you. Feb is one of the hottest driest months so the weather will be beautiful!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana in February - school kids?

Spring break for many schools in the US, is President's week in Feb.

michigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana in February - school kids?

HI, We are going to Ocean Sand Feb. 15- 22 as the kids are on winter break.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana in February - school kids?

I was always under the impression that spring break in the states is in March. Regardless I don't think this has a huge impact as most of the tourist in Punta Cana are mainly European and then Canadian.

Courtice, Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta Cana in February - school kids?

We always travel with our kids, ages 9 & 5, we think it's an awesome experience for them! We also always travel in February and take our kids out of school for it. We also always pick a "family" resort, for obvious reasons, lol! There are lots of families like ours traveling at that time of the year, you may encounter them depending on what resort you stay at...choose wisely, maybe adults only or one that offers few or no kid's programs, if you are looking for a kid-free vacation!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Punta Cana in February - school kids?

Keef --

If you are looking for a kids free vacation, go to Secrets. This is an adults only resort. There are lots of honeymooners and couples, but no kids.

weenie

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Punta Cana in February - school kids?

In Ohio, the schools are out for Spring break the week before Easter or the week after, depending on the school district. That will make it the last two weeks in March

ottawa,canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Punta Cana in February - school kids?

Hi, winter vacation in ottawa starts march 14 for high schools.