We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIP Travel Services---Stay Away!

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
VIP Travel Services---Stay Away!

Just returned from a wonderful week at Excellence. The only negatives were the 3x that VIP was to help us.

We booked with Funjet and they use VIP in PC. Well.....our group of 8 was left stranded at the airport in PC because VIP did not have us scheduled for a transfer. After over 1 hour of help (from the airport Apple rep!) we finally got a van to take us to the resort. (Strike 1)

Upon departure to Excellence we were told to meet our VIP rep in the lobby the following morning at 10:00 am. At 10:00am the next day, there was no rep. We waited for close to an hour and finally were told that he did not come to work today! (Strike 2)

On departure day we were ready to return to the airport and a small minivan shows up (for 8 of us). VIP had only 6 of us on their paperwork even though we booked as 1 reservation with 8 names on the reservation! (Strike 3)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
346 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIP Travel Services---Stay Away!

VIP was awesome for us. Our rep was great, too. Even though I'd been to PC before, she gave loads of new information.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,304 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIP Travel Services---Stay Away!

We used them last September and did not not have a single hitch - Jonathan the local rep was great

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIP Travel Services---Stay Away!

Glad to hear that others have not had a problem with VIP. I ,however,will never use them again as we had nothing but problems. We did talk to Jonathan and he couldn't explain why VIP had no record of our gruop arriving. He did ask if we booked at the last second, and we explained that we had booked everything 6 months in advance!

Ravenna MI.
Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIP Travel Services---Stay Away!

I'm glad to others did not have problems with VIP. My husband and I will be using them in two weeks. We never been to Punta Cana. I have read more good than bad about the area and its resorts. Its neat to have so many people on Tripadvisor to see how their vacations went, and all the great advice.

Thanks Judy

5. Re: VIP Travel Services---Stay Away!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 26, 2009