We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Info on Sunscape The Beach

Boston
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
New Info on Sunscape The Beach

I just talked to my travel agent and she received a fax today from the actual resort (not sunscape headquarters) saying that they are working around the clock to get everything ready by Dec. 1. Right now they are supposedly just putting the "finishing touches" on two restaurants and the pool and jacuzzi are finished. So, unless they were lying to her or she is lying to me, everyone's anxiety may be for nothing. I, for one, am certainly hoping this is the case and am planning to make the best of it no matter what. 4 days and counting!!!!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New Info on Sunscape The Beach

Good morning,

We are scheduled to depart on Sat (Dec 4th) for Sunscape Beach but from what I learned yesterday I doubt we will be going.

Signature contacted Sunscape and the current status of the resort is:

Only 3 buildings open - they are the ones closest to the beach, They will be doing construction on the other buildings for the next 6 - 8 weeks and will not have all rooms open until sometime in Feb.

Only the a'la carte and one other restaurant are open for at least three more weeks.

The bars are not yet ready, only the beach bar will be open.

The pool is not yet full and it may be two weeks before it is ready for use.

The "River" will no be ready before Christmas.

The grass is being laid now. Major areas are still dirt.

Tiling and paving are not complete and will take 2 - 3 weeks more to complete.

In other words this resort is nowhere near ready for occupation. We have paid for a fully operational all-inclusive resort not a 1/4 finished property under construction.

Apparently Sunscape are claiming that because they are open they will not move people to other resorts.

I told Signature that I will not accept this. Signature are doing all they can to fix it.

I would suggest that anyone booked to go to the Beach before Jan 01 get in touch with their travel agent now.

perryville,MD
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: New Info on Sunscape The Beach

To all staying at Sunscape Beach Resort in December,

We just got back from PC yesterday and were supposed to stay at the Beach from Nov. 25-30; however we got bumped to Secrets since the resort was not opened yet. We did see sunscape and as of yesterday there is still heavy (major) construction going on around the clock. I don't want to dissappoint anyone, but it does not look like this resort will be operating at 100%, like the sunscape representatives have been telling everyone. They have not planting around the grounds yet, so everything looks bare. Construction equipment constently moving around the grounds. Once fully running, this resort is going to be nice. However, I caution people leaving this week. It may not be what you think you paid for. Hope everyone enjoys PC.