We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Sand by H10

Level Contributor
93 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Sand by H10

Hello

I'm a little confused and need some help! I am trying to organize a family vacation for our group of 20. I was looking into the Ocean Sand Golf and Beach Resort. Lately, I've noticed the travel companies are advertising the Ocean Sand by H10. Are these the same resorts??? Has the name changed or are they totally different places?

Thank you!

nj
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Sand by H10

it's the same place. about a month ago the webiste changed with the H10 info. I am assuming a company bought it out. we are staying there april 19th with a group of about 50. enjoy your trip!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
16,097 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Sand by H10

H10 have always been the owner of this hotel has far has I am aware, On their website i have seen anyhow!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,808 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Sand by H10

ya H10 is still the owner, it's just a marketing thing. SOmetimes certain companies advertise it as H10 ocean sands and others just ocean sands beach resort, etc I stayed on the Blue side and loved it very much! great place.

Level Contributor
93 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Sand by H10

Thanks for the replies. We're getting pretty close to booking here for December. I'm hoping that not much is going to change between now and then as far as amenities, etc. with the new ownership. Did Ocean Blue get bought out by H10 as well?

Thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,808 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Sand by H10

H10 has always owned it! There has NO ownership change over since it was built. So nothing will change in amenities, facilities, etc

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Sand by H10

Hello Naylenk

I was a great supporter of this property up until I heard about the recent changes. Last year when we stayed there it was a fabulous resort and we were all very happy with our vacation there. This week our very good friends who also happen to be my travel agents returned fron the Ocean with a less then sparkling revue. They are not the type to complain about the little things and have seen a lot in their travels, so when they shared their experiences with us, I was shocked. With the official ownership going to the H10 Group the property is reverting to a timeshare property. They said that the time share sellers were relentless and would badger them constantly. There was a near fistfit in front of the resort on the beach when one 'seller' grabbed a guy to stop him from walking away from his sales pitch. Security had to step in and break it up. Many of the people were very disappointed in the way in which they were harrassed by these poeple and all with the blessing of the resort. I was told the lobby area was the worst and going into the buffet as well. Things as a resort go weren't up to par and some of the restaraunts were charging for different things,such as wine with your meal...... They stayed on the first floor and suffered from spider bites in the room. I was disappointed in hearing of their whole vacation since I had recommended it to them. So be aware of what you're going to experience when you get there. Find recent posts and hear from otheres who had less then exceptional experiences too. Keep in mind of the many who complain without merrit. I always do and that's why I took our friend's revue seriously.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
662 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Sand by H10

Wine is extra if you don't get the crappy house wine. But I beleive it's like that at more resorts.

It's too bad the time shares are getting worse.

When I was there in November it was H10 but the time share pressure was very minimal. In fact we wern't approached until our last day and they didn't harass us at all when we politely said no.

Sounds like they are getting more aggressive now.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,808 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Sand by H10

we had the time share issue in Jan 07 and it was owned by H10 then when we were there, it's nothing new. iF you look back in the reviews it has always been a issue there, and yes at the buffet entrance was the main spot. They have a room in the entrance was to you right that they will take you to if interested in hearing about this stuff. They were firm and constant our entire stay, but if you gave a firm NO they wouldn't push to hard, some yes liked to follow you and try again but once again, another firm NO and they left you alone. By the end of the week they did get more pushy with others but i found they weren't as firn with then with their NO, so they knew they were soft and might cave in with some really nice perks. ALso they got used to knew which ones would say no and they wouldn't bug you anymore. Don't let this put you off from a fantastic resort though, it's just one bump that's all.

most AI's also charge for wine if it's not the house brand, and lots also can get bugs in the room when on first floor, it's just life.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Sand by H10

We were at the Ocean Sand at the end of March. Time share people were not a problem, they were there but very, very low key. I can't imagine this being a problem for anyone.

The house wine is not great but it is no worse than all of the other AI's I have stayed at.

We has a great time, it is a very nice resort.

lancashire uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Sand by H10

Ocean sands and blue are the same hotel its depends which side your travel agent has rooms in. Its all the same hotel belonging to H10. Dont worry about the time share touts they are not a problem if you are firm but friendly they are even up for a laugh

Ignore the bad reports its a great place with good food nicespacious rooms and it is spotless. go no worries