We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Sunscape the Beach....any questions???

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Telford, PA
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Topic
Just back from Sunscape the Beach....any questions???

I'd be happy to help.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
91. Re: Just back from Sunscape the Beach....any questions???

Pennie --

I wanted to chime in regarding your trip. I am originally from Northern NJ and the ocean is similar to the Jersey Shore. For good swimming and boogie boarding -- head the right of the beach. Face the beach with the resort to your back, turn right and go the second palm tree that is parallel to the ground and you will find excellent swimming and boogie boarding similar to the Jersey Shore... except the water is warmer.

Regarding sickness I disagree with Jill's statement of ..."As far as sickness, I really do feel like for every one person that gets sick, there's probably a hand full that don't." In our group 5 of 6 of us got sick. Did it impact our vacation -- slightly. We took it as the "price of being where we were". We talked to many people that were there and the at least 50% of the people had some illness. Again, it is up to you if you let this seriously impact your vacation.

We did the yogurt thing before we left, did not drink or brush teeth with tap water, went easy on the alchohol, did not drink too much if any beer (Jill suggested it was the beer) and brought plenty of immodium. As long as you are prepared for some sickness -- both in medication and spirit you should be OK.

We liked STB. The people and the facility was amazing. The pool was the best I have ever seen.

I hope this helps.