We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name the 3 Best AI in Punta Cana -

New York, NY
Level Contributor
286 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Name the 3 Best AI in Punta Cana -

Please give me your opinion on the 3 best AI's in Punta Cana. We are thinking of going for 1 week early December. We don't mind spending for a great week.

Thanks!!!!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name the 3 Best AI in Punta Cana -

Please

canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Name the 3 Best AI in Punta Cana -

hey there! well i've been to punta cana twice, once at the LTI and once at the ocean bavaro spa and beach resort. both are wonderful resorts and we are returning at christmas. But if you are willing to stay at one of the more expensive resorts...then I would say that the melia tropical is GORGEOUS, pricey but really really nice, we had the chance to look around when we were in punta cana in april. lets see, the Riu's seem to be very nice as well, so you might want to check into those also, and I have heard good things about the bavaro princess all suites resort. again, these are all on the more pricey side. If you decide that you don;t want to spend that kind of money then I would recommend the LTI. its a small quaint resort. absolutely beautiful and service is great. if you have any more questions let me know! ill keep checking the post. hope this was a bit of a help to you! good luck with the vacation booking!

Toronto
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Name the 3 Best AI in Punta Cana -

I've been to PC twice... Gran Flamenco and Caribe Club Princess... I enjoyed Gran Flamenco.. but really LOVED caribe club... I am also a fan of the RIU chain of hotels.. I have heard great reviews about Secrets... My suggestion would be to read some reviews on some of the hotels.. it will give you a better idea of what amenities are offered... b/c it really depends on what you are looking for. Good Luck! You won't be dissapointed with Punta Cana.. its beautiful!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Name the 3 Best AI in Punta Cana -

Thanks to both of you. A question islandgirl, what is the LTI?

canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Name the 3 Best AI in Punta Cana -

the LTI is a resort on bavaro beach (LTI beach resort punta cana) is the full name. it's actually one of those chain resorts they have all over the world. its one of the cleanest resorts ive ever been to and the resort is really beautiful, its certain that its one of the smaller resorts but thats what we liked about it, its close to everything and it just has something about it. if you're interested and have any specific questions just let me know! you can also go onto the site...www.lti.de and click on dominican republic, there information on the hotel and pictures. hope this helps!

London, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Name the 3 Best AI in Punta Cana -

I just got back from Secrets Excellence. I've been to other all inclusive resorts and this is by far my favorite. It is a little farther out of the way, 1 hour 15 minutes from the air port. The resort is absolutely beautiful. Unlike most all inclusive resort the restaurants at secrets are all al a carte, except breakfast. Most all inclusives primarily have buffets. All the room have jaquzzi tubs and marble tiled showers. Best of all it's all adult.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Name the 3 Best AI in Punta Cana -

Secrets Excellenced 5+* adults only very romantic,Wavy beach

Bahia Principe 5* great calm beach, 30 min from airport

Paradisus 5* 8 a la carte restraunts to choose from,great beach

These are my personal top 3 choices in order of preference.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Name the 3 Best AI in Punta Cana -

Hey Mary,how is it going.

Just thought I would let you know not to worry about your marriage certificate comming from Secrets.

They tell you 6 weeks (6 Dominican weeks) But it actually took 9 weeks,so dont start panicking until that point ok.

We thought we might not be married when it took so long and that we might have to go back and do it again...

WHAT A SHAME THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

How is married life??>>

Terry

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Name the 3 Best AI in Punta Cana -

tsiridium, you should really give a bit more deatail about what YOU want in a resort before we start offering up suggestions.

As a travel agent, I have seen over and over again that one person's perfect resort is hated by another person!

Do you want a variety of restaurants, are water sports important, is gooood service a must or are you ok if the bartenders are indifferent, are evening shows important, do you want a disco, do you want a kids program or babysitting services, do you just want a clean room on a good beach, do you want a quiet resort??? These are sooooo important in choosing the right resort.

Hope this helps you!

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,498 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Name the 3 Best AI in Punta Cana -

Secrets most likely is the best, followed by most of Iberostar

hotels, Melia like Riu seem to have many problem reading from

reviews. Stayed twice in Secrets and many times in Riu till

the last time in Dec 2004, when almost all the guests got ill, including me and my wife. From reading this forum I would stay

away from D.R. until things will clear up.