We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamarans in Punta Cana

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Catamarans in Punta Cana

Has anyone ever taken a catamaran trip right from Punta Cana?? I have been on them where you take a bus down to La Romana and catch the catamaran from there. But I am looking for a couple hour trip on a catamaran just from Punta Cana.

Toronto
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamarans in Punta Cana

I remember taking one when I went to PC in May of 2003... it was called KONTIKI... it was a blast... i think it was a full day thing with snorkelling.. I don't remember docking too far from my hotel... but it was great fun.. drinks and dancing on the boat.. I am sure your tour operator will have a list of excursions available...

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamarans in Punta Cana

Thanks Ghorges, I have done that trip too.....bit more of a boat than a catamaran though. I am looking for the big open catamaran, but not wanting to do the drive to La Romana.

canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamarans in Punta Cana

hey jamaica sun. when I stayed at ocean bavaro spa and beach we were considering taking the catamaran trip but never got around to it, we did things like parasailing snorkeling kayaking etc...but I'm sure if you check out the water sport places near your hotel then you should be able to find one that leaves right from the beach. Thats how it was when we were there, we saw people leaving. it was a day trip thing. it wasnt a boat either...a catamaran. so yes its possible just look around! or you can email the resort or call and they could let you know. but im pretty sure most hotels have this at the water sport place near your hotel. hope this is of some help. good luck.

Toronto
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamarans in Punta Cana

very true.. it was a party boat more than a catemaran.. We did do the day trip to Saona island... where a portion of the day we were on a catemeran (open concept like you mention).... but we did have the 2 hour drive to La Romana there and back.. we left Caribe Club around 7:30 or 8am.. and didn't arrive back that evening until after 7pm.. it was a really long day.. it was a great trip.. but we were pooped by the time we returned to the hotel. If you haven't been to Saona Island.. its a must see.. its beautiful.. but its a lengthy trip!

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catamarans in Punta Cana

Thanks Ghorges. I have done Catalina Island and Saona Island. that is why I am looking to just "get out on the water" for a couple of hours right from Punta Cana.

The day we did Catalina, we left the resort by around 7:30am and wasnt back until around 8pm! Too long! They just tried to fit too much into the tour to make it "worth the cost".

Toronto
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catamarans in Punta Cana

I hear you.. especially if you are only there for 1 week... Good Luck! and have a blast at Caribe Club.. wish I could get back there soon :)