We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

(punta cana) I need help

Georgia
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
(punta cana) I need help

I'm working on a trip for my husband and I for our 20th anniversary. we really don't know where to go here or cancun. can anybody tell me anything about punta cana?

Georgia
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: (punta cana) I need help

I did a little more looking around and saw a nice place in playa del carmen. It's Royal Porta Real. It's new and open in Jan-2005. Has anybody ever stayed here? This is what I'm looking at right now. If anybody know anything about these please let me know. Thank !!!!

Royle porta real (playa del carmen)

El dorado seaside

El dorado Royale

Riu palace macao (punta cana)

Indiana
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: (punta cana) I need help

Maybe I stayed in a bad resort in Punta Cana, but I would never go back. My vote is always for Jamaica. Plenty to do whether you are a beach bum, excursion person, or relax and enjoy yourself quietly. I have heard Cancun is very commercialized and crowded, I don't go for that thing. My agent agrees with this. Good luck!

Missouri
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: (punta cana) I need help

justbeach,

Relax! My husband and I stayed at EDR in April and loved it. The beach is a little rocky on one end, but there are plenty of places to swim where the sand is soft. (the sand on the beach, by the way, is cool and feels like sugar.) We didn't find the "whales" to be eyesores--you need them to be able to swim and snorkel. Just look past them and all you can see is beautiful blue ocean! We did not upgrade to a casita--they were beautiful, but we found our gardenview suite to be just as lovely, and it was a lot closer to the restaurants. And the food--outstanding, many dining choices (Asian, Mexican, Italian, Caribbean, and a breakfast buffet every morning to die for!) We never left hungry or had a bad meal. We were treated like royalty the entire week we were there, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants a truly relaxing, luxurious vacation.

Meadville, PA
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: (punta cana) I need help

My husband and I went to Punta Cana two years ago for our 20th anniversary. We got a good deal at the Riu Tiano and I thought it looked like a nice intimate getaway for us. Much to our surprise, we found out when we got to the airport that they were over booked and we were being put in the Palace Macao. It was wonderful and we just returned to Punta Cana two weeks ago - this time to the Iberostar Bavaro. I like to try different places and this one was also very nice and just next door to the Riu's. I personally think that the Riu Palace would be better for couples and the Iberostar for families. We also went to the Riviera Maya last year two different times to the Iberostar Tucan and the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar. They were also very similar. There is definately at lot more action and activities (if you want to be on the go) in the Riviera Maya area. It just depends on what you want. I would highly recommend either place. I would also go with a 5 or 6 apple because you can't really go wrong unless you are really spoiled! If you have any questions about any of these places, I would be glad to help answer them. Also, the Riu's in Mexico look really nice too - I would like to try them myself.

Georgia
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: (punta cana) I need help

Thanks everyone for your help. I finally made my mind up. We are gonna just go with the royle porto real resort & spa. I'm so glad thats taken care of. Now I can start counting down! THANKS AGAIN!!! JB