We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody been to Punta Cana in Nov?? With kids??

Alberta
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Anybody been to Punta Cana in Nov?? With kids??

How is the weather in Nov in Punta Cana? We are going with our 3 kids (6,4,1) from Nov 3-10. For those who have been with their kids, any tips on which essentials to bring??

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
44 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody been to Punta Cana in Nov?? With kids??

We were in Punta Cana in December of 2000 with a 7 year old and a 15 year old, both girls. We stayed in one of the Club Melia resorts. The rooms were nice, but since we were living in Germany and booked with a German travel agency, we needed 2 rooms. They would only allow 3 people per room. Our actual rooms could have taken the 4 of us comfortably, the room with the 2 full sized beds, would have worked for 5, as a couch was also a daybed.

The weather was quite windy and it rained daily, but not for long. We used the rainy parts of the day to eat or get out of the sun. The rain probably kept us from getting sunburned.

The girls loved the buffets offered as a part of the 'all inclusive' resort. The pools were lovely and the beaches quite clean. The water was warmer in the ocean and in the pools. All in all, it was a great family holiday.

There was a 'kids camp' that our younger daughter took part in for one day. She enjoyed the crafts, but prefered to spend the time with the family, playing and swimming.

Bring lots of sunscreen and use it frequently. Bring 2 swimsuits each, if possible, so the kids don't need to put the sandy, wet ones on after lunch. A beach coverup is essential, as the restaurants won't let people in (even kids) with just a swim suit. Flip flops and other comfortable shoes. Casual clothes, but not too many.

As a point of interest, my younger daughter was on the verge of outgrowing her summer clothes that we brought. As I knew that they wouldn't fit her the next summer, I left them with one of the pool employees, who spoke good English, asking him if he knew of any families who could use the clothes. He seemed quite pleased and said that he knew they would be welcomed by some of the staff.

The airport where we flew in, required us to pay $20. per person to go through customs. The same was required to exit. Is it legal? I don't know, but there were no other options.

Ottawa, Ont
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody been to Punta Cana in Nov?? With kids??

Hello chickenfarmer. I was in Punta Cana last November (2004)...we did get rain almost ever7yday but, not all day. Last year the weather around there was really out of wack with all the hurricnaes. I don't have kids but, there were tons of kids where we stayed (Rui Taino) and they had lots going on for kids.

Bring lots of sunscreen!!!!

Have fun.

Alberta
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody been to Punta Cana in Nov?? With kids??

Thanks PamO...

When you say it rained, is it a stay in your room type of rain or sprinkling or what exactly?? We will actually be at Club Med.

Ottawa, Ont
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody been to Punta Cana in Nov?? With kids??

Hi again chickenfarmer...It wasn't stay in your room rain...it would downpour for about 15 minutes to maybe half an hour then, sprinkle a little. There are so many covered areas that you can still be outside getting fresh air but, not getting soaked. It couldn't have been that bad...I'm goign back in July!!! Have fun