We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Song Help

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Song Help

Okay, I know it's a pain when people ask these questions, but I am hoping that someone can help me out here! There was this song that I heard many times at Areito when I was at Caribe Club Princess last month. It had a reggaeton beat, but more singing than rapping.

I know the subject matter has something to do with "letting go"...I don't know if this rings any bells with anyone, but if anyone has any suggestions, HELP!

(Thanks a bunch!)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Song Help

No problem--they are pretty fantastic. They were really what made our trip, for sure.

Did they have a bunch of French people working there when you were there? They were pretty fun, too.

Toronto
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Song Help

Oh for sure.. they totally made the trip that much better...

Yes.. there were French employees also... I am at a loss for names right now though.. but there was one tall guy who was from Tunisia that would MC the shows in French... he was a nice guy. There was a girl that did the aerobics that was really cool too.. she was super nice.

I have recently heard a few of them are no longer at the hotel.. Chapel, Sonlly and Willie (but you only mentioned Chapel so maybe the other two were already gone before you got there.)

There were two other guys I was hoping you'd mention.. Papi Chulo (but his real name was Juan) and Jay Jay... do you remember them?

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Song Help

No...don't remember those names. Now, I know there were a handful whose names I didn't know. There was one guy that's name began with a B...that I saw a lot...but I can't think of what it was. I know he was the Hunchback the night we saw that one!

Oh, there was also Sandy and Anatoly...fun times!

Malek is the guy from Tunisia who did the shows in French--and his wife, Amanda. And then there was Clement and Jean Vincent...

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Toronto
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Song Help

yes.. there was over 40 animation/dancers when we were there.. it would be impossible to remember them all... I miss it.. and am tempted to go back in December this year again.. but I am worried the experience wouldn't be the same...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Song Help

Yeah, but it could be better:)

Ya never know. I agree though, sometimes when you have such a fantastic time, you don't want to risk tainting it with a possibly less-than-fantastic trip.

I feel the same about booking for next year.

Toronto
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Song Help

very true!! that is a good way to look at it!

I would go back for sure if the price was right..but one of my girlfriends that is coming doesn't want to go back to the same resort.. we'll see what happens..

any luck on that song? LOL!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Song Help

LOL--no, no luck. But I'm finding lots more that I like in the process.

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Song Help

Do you remember Hector the bar tender? Is he still there? He usually worked the bar over by the Brazilian Restaurant.

And what about one of the animation team named Francesco?

Toronto
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Song Help

hector is still there.. I see his name on just about everyone's review of the hotel.. he was the BEST!