We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive includes?

Michigan
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
All inclusive includes?

I will be at Iberostar PC and have never done a all inclusive stay before. From what i understand is ALL drinks and ALL food at the resort premise is free(included) does this include drinks on the beach? room service? can you stop in any of their restraunts and get food to go (for taking back to room) and no cost? Can you simply walk up to a bar and get a drink of choice and walk out to the beach with it?

Please help explain just how "all inclusive" it really is.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: All inclusive includes?

Yes, Yes, Yes!

AI's are great. You get a wrist band that you wear identifying you as an all inclusive guest, and you just walk up to the bar and order whatever you like. Room service isn't offered at every resort (not sure about yours) but some hotels will charge a small fee each time you use the room service of a couple of bucks. We then tip the person who brings the room service as well.

Not all hotels will have a waiter on the beach taking drinks to you, or if they do it will only be some of the time, but usually there is a bar on the beach you can walk to and get as many drinks as you like (or can carry).

Enjoy it, you'll love it!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10,124 posts
115 reviews
2. Re: All inclusive includes?

All inclusive is the only way to go IMO, i will not go any other way. I is so nice not to worry about where you are going to go for brakfast, lunch and dinner. Getting dressed and taking a cab, bus or walking. If you don't like your drinks, order a different one, ( that way you also get to try drinks you might never have a t home or have tried before) if you don't like what you took at dinner, go and try something else. IT is great! YOu will enjoy very much!!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: All inclusive includes?

My first experiance with "All Inclusive" was nerve wracking lol!!

I felt obligated to pay for some thing ...but never had to!

You walk into the Buffet and eat your fill.....sign the bill and mossey off.

Same with drinks...any where they serve them on your resort...I always carried a "go mug" insulated mug. Topped up when required went all over the resort.

Had some getting used to though. I did how ever tip as required / deserved.

You'll have a great time.. not having to worry about all the spending of your money lol!!

Digger

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,512 posts
106 reviews
4. Re: All inclusive includes?

fron their website

Here guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurants, which boast open kitchens. For dinner, there are five specialty restaurants including Tropical, Mexican, Oriental, Gourmet and a Steakhouse. Reservations are required and a table is guaranteed twice during each week. There is also a dress code which requires that gentlemen wear long trousers. Another dining option is the Star Rock Café, serving American-style food and offering self-seating. Snacks, drinks and the 24-hour bar service are complimentary.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10,124 posts
115 reviews
5. Re: All inclusive includes?

ya i remember my 1st all inclusive and i was nervous when i eft with my plate of fruit every morning to sit by my chair at the pool, i always was looking around , like i stole something, lol..

Saskatoon, Sask
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: All inclusive includes?

The biggest problem with going the A I route is after arriving home from said vacation and is going to the bar or lounge for a few hits with the boys at home and walking out neglecting to pay the bill. O well a good reason to return and tell yourself don't forget the tab!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: All inclusive includes?

Been there three times and again this January. The Iberostars are known for their good food. Have a great time on your vacation......the only thing this resort does not have is a swim-up bar.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: All inclusive includes?

Hey bob,

I'm certain there is a swim up bar at the Iberostar Bavaro section. If you stay at the PC section, you're allowed to use the other sections.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
9. Re: All inclusive includes?

At the Iberostar's in Punta Cana there is a swim-up bar at the Bavaro but guests at the Punta Cana and Dominicana are not entitled to use the facilities of the Bavaro. Bavaro guests are however entitled to use all facilities of all three resorts as they pay more.

There is no swim up bar at either the Punta Cana or Dominicana, AFAIK.

Gregg

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: All inclusive includes?

Sorry for the wrong info, I really thought you could play at all three, as we stayed at the Bavaro section. Learn something new everyday here.