We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best excursions?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
5 posts
Save Topic
Best excursions?

Can anyone suggest the best tours or ones to avoid? Thank you. We leave in 11 days to Bahia Principe...so excited.

Quebec
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best excursions?

If it is not to far away, you will love catamaran/speed boat trip to Saona Island. Just beautiful and a lot of fun

Jean Claude

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best excursions?

where are you staying? We are there nov24 dec1 at the Bahia Principe.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best excursions?

We were just at Bahia Principe. We took the tour to Saona Island. I do not think it was worth the $81USD we each spent. The beach is nice, but not pristine as the brochure states. The beach at the resort is much nicer. The swim in the Caribbean was alright, but so is the swimming at the reosrt. The lunch was terrible. Overcooked pasta with watered down sauce, salad, potatoes, bbq'd pork and chicken. The resort has a much better lunch. Drinks were restricted to rum, coke, beer and water. You could buy a coconut, have it opened and pour rum into it for a great coco loco. That you can't do at the resort. We never were in a catarmaran. The plus of the whole day was that we saw some country side and from offshore some of the resorts on the south side of PC. It made us think we might like to the IB*Hacienda next year. We ended up spending almost 4 hours on a bus during a nice sunny day when we could have stayed at the resort.

St Louis, MO
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best excursions?

I also agree with you on the Saona Island tour. It was okay. It was pretty, but very boring. The food was so-so. It was a lay around type of day with a long ride there and back. I enjoyed the Marinarium tour better with the snorkeling/catamaran/swim with rays and sharks. The Outback safari was by far the BEST tour we took. Well worth the money!!!!

Delta, B.C.
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best excursions?

When I was there at the end of October we did 3 excursion: Bavaro Trackers, Bavaro Runners and Maranarium. Each were great in their own way. I highly recommend each of them.

New Jersey
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best excursions?

Out Back Safari was great for a land tour. I think a little high priced at $75US/person but it's great.