We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swiming with dolphins, anyone done it? occidental alegro on...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
swiming with dolphins, anyone done it? occidental alegro on...

We are going to stay at occidental allegro Punta Cana on 27th June, bringing the kids 13 & 16 and thinking about swiming with dolphins and ideas or tips on area that would help? Thanks in advance

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: swiming with dolphins, anyone done it? occidental alegro on...

Does anyone know the cost to do this trip, www.panoramaproductions.net/dolphins.htm

Obviously we won't be doing if it is cruel to the dolphins but this one on the link looks a bit better. Confused now poor things!

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: swiming with dolphins, anyone done it? occidental alegro on...

Just don't go to Manati Park!

Gregg might know how much this one is!

You are right, it looks pretty good!!

Colchester,Essex...
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: swiming with dolphins, anyone done it? occidental alegro on...

Hi

Try pricing up the trips with a local company I'm told they are quite a bit cheaper!. The holiday companys rip you off!!!

Try www.isairatours.com another one is 'Iguana Mamas' don't know the web site, do a search on google. You can e-mail them if they don't have prices on the website.

Have a good time, I'm going 3rd June.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: swiming with dolphins, anyone done it? occidental alegro on...

fluffpuss,

While I appreciate the plug for my friend Martin Espinal at Isaira Tours; he is located on the North Coast and cannot help with East Coast excursions - nor can Iguana Mama in Cabarete.

Durham & BellaSky,

I am lead to believe that the Dolphin Island excursion is around $85US per adult. If, however, it concerns you, you should be aware that these are the Manati Park dolphins transplanted in new quarters; as Dolphin Island is owned by Manati Park.

Gregg

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: swiming with dolphins, anyone done it? occidental alegro on...

Thanks, Gregg!

I knew that Dolphin Island was owned by the same people as the Manati park, just didn't know if Dolphin Island is the same as the one advertised by panorama production.

Thanks for clearing that up!

So there it is Durham!!

I would seriously think about doing it there! Maybe you can do it some other time, some other place??

Take care!

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: swiming with dolphins, anyone done it? occidental alegro on...

I saw the Dolphin Island when I was there in April 2005 - you should know that many hotels are boycotting this place because of the conditions the dolphins are kept in. The "island" is made up of a large pool and then two very small pools. For some reason, they always keep the dolphins in the small pool - and it is very small. It really is not a humane way to treat these beautiful creatures.

Newtown Square, PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: swiming with dolphins, anyone done it? occidental alegro on...

thats awful what i have been reading about manati park....a disgrace...i am an animal lover and it breaks my heart to think that the dolphins are kept in captivity cruelly. do your research before visiting and shelling out 200 bucks and funding an unjust facility.

the beach, pool, and drinks will have to suffice!!! :)