We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody just back from Punta Cana? Please tell me there's...

Toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Anybody just back from Punta Cana? Please tell me there's...

Hello everyone! I would love to hear from people who have just arrived from Punta Cana. What was the weather like? Is everything on the weather sites true: that it has been just pure rain? Were you still able to get a tan? We leave for the Grand Flamenco on June 12th and are really hoping to get good weather and come home with a nice tan! :o) Thanks in advance!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Anybody just back from Punta Cana? Please tell me there's...

stayed at Grand Paradise May 22-29....(we were on the skyservice flight that had the hard landing)...the weather was beautiful, came back with great tans. rained for about 2 hours one afternoon, thats all.

Ontario
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anybody just back from Punta Cana? Please tell me there's...

I came backfrom PC on Monday and it was HOT!!!!! I have got burnes not only tanned so you shouldn't worry too much ,m especially since my forecast was rain and thunderstorms all the time and I had a rain only for one afternoon :)

Good luck!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Anybody just back from Punta Cana? Please tell me there's...

Thanks to all that posted! So far, the forecast for the first few days that we're there call for t-storms. But as some of you said, the forecast was the same but had nothing but sun and only a little bit of rain. Just looking forward to going away, relaxing and getting a tan. :o)

Sunnygurl36 - how did you like Grand Paradise? We were there when it first opened a few years ago (not all buildings or restaurants were complete then). We really liked it, I can only imagine now how the place looks now with everything complete and all the vegetation.

Have a great day all!!! 10 more days... :o)

Caernarfon, United...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Anybody just back from Punta Cana? Please tell me there's...

jellybean, my friend came back yesterday morning from the DR and she is well tanned. she had hot sun all day and thunderstorms for one day and storms at night.

iowa
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Anybody just back from Punta Cana? Please tell me there's...

We just got back yesterday. Stayed from May 25-June1 hot an and sunny all week. Only rained once during the night. beautiful weather. We worried about rain also we checked the internet while we were there on the weather channel it said rain but it was sunny and hot. Enjoy your vacation. It goes by so fast.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
645 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Anybody just back from Punta Cana? Please tell me there's...

Hi Jellybean

Got back from Punta Cana (Ocean Bavaro Spa & Beach) this morning - we were there from 19 May until yesterday. Yes, it rained a bit the first week - but mostly at night and the worst day was when it rained from 1pm until the next morning. We were able to sunbathe on the beach EVERY day and this past week there has been virtually no rain (hotel has had to use the sprinklers on the grass/plants) and it is extremely hot!

Back home now with a lovely tan and some very happy memories. Like you, I was very apprehensive before we left with the forecasts being so dire - but really - it was just lovely.

Enjoy!

Toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Anybody just back from Punta Cana? Please tell me there's...

Thanks katekeat & Merlin!!! :o) I can't wait...only 9 more sleeps! Have a great day!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Anybody just back from Punta Cana? Please tell me there's...

I just returned and only had rain for 1 day--every other day it was sun, sun, sun! Don't forget your suncreen, you will need it!

Meadville, PA
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Anybody just back from Punta Cana? Please tell me there's...

Just got back from Punta Cana today. The weather was very hot and humid with hardly a cloud in the sky. It rained last night but was clear again this morning. I was so worried about the rain before we left which was totally stupid. It couldn't have been any better unless you can't stand the heat and humidity.

On., Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Anybody just back from Punta Cana? Please tell me there's...

Seems the week or two of rain has passed so have a great time everyone that is going.