We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money??

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How much money??

I am going to the Ocean Bavaro hotel on 27th June, could anyone advise how much money they think I should take for 2 weeks?

We are staying AI so obviously won't need to pay for any food/drinks unless we are outside of our complex.

I would like to go on at least 1 excursion though!

Thanks!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money??

Panda: Excursions are about $75 US per person, some a bit more or less. Take some money for shopping if you please. Plenty of merchants selling odds and ends. Many folks tip the maids ($2-3 per day) and other staff, but it is not required. Take some emergency money (maybe @ $100?) in case you have to visit the doctor. Have fun.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money??

The best currency to take is American Dollars.

Make sure that you bring lots of small bills as some resorts/hotels will return your change in Pesos.

We took $100.00 in American $1.00,s for tipping for two weeks and the balance of $500.00 in $5.00,s and $10.00,s

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

If you go to this website you can print off a handy currency converter to put in your purse or wallet.

You should get one that convertes Pounds to Dollars and another one Dollars to Pesos.

It really helps, we had one and when ever we bought anything we took it out .

We never got taken advantage of by any vendors once they saw we had it.

Hope this helps.