We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got bach from bavaro Beach resort

Slovenia, EU
14 posts
Save Topic
Just got bach from bavaro Beach resort

I just returned from Bavaro beach resort, so if they are any questions, just ask. We had a very nice time there, people were very friendly, the food was great, unfortunatelly the weather was bad.

lea

Cleveland, Ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got bach from bavaro Beach resort

Welcome home! Sorry the weather wasn't so great...I'm hoping this weekend is good, we only have 3 days there. Were things back to normal after the hurricane? Can you recommend a good room or building to request? Any other tips for airport transfers, restaurants, etc. are welcome. Thanks!!!

Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got bach from bavaro Beach resort

how was the weather in DR when you went? was it raining most of the time? I am thinking to go to Grand Paradise Bavaro from Dec 3 to Dec 10 and i've never been on vacation. I don't know what i have to bring and what they don't have. if you can let me know, would be great

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got bach from bavaro Beach resort

About the water...was it discoloured along the whole shore or just in a isolated area? Any bad experiences...any tips? Was the food ok? And how were the rooms? Thats it for now...Thanks in advance!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got bach from bavaro Beach resort

One more thing...What type of voltage were the outlets? 110V or 220V?

Slovenia, EU
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got bach from bavaro Beach resort

Sorry, that I didn't answer sooner...

Things after hurricane are o.k. I didn't see any damage at the resort.The Caribe hotel was reopened with the swimming pool and all restaurants while we were there, the beach hotel is renovating two buildings) but I think those two will be finnished by dec. I don't think that the renovated rooms will be much different from those we were in, because I saw that workers brought in the same equipment and furniture as it was before. Visitors there were probably confused at the beginning, because of the renovating process and they thought that that was because of the hurricane, but it wasn't so.

I was at the beach hotel, near the seafood restaurant. The room was very big, clean, it has an ocean view (they all do), air condition, mini bar (included in all inclusive), the WC was separeted from bathroom, a lot of closets, with two king size beds, that was separated. It was great. My son (18 mnths) got his own bed. the room wasreally great, all expensive stuff can be put in the safe in the closet. The voltage I thing was 220V, but we need the adapter since they have different tipe of plug-ins that us.The only bed thing was that we were far away from the buffet restaurant and reception of the beach hotel, but then again what's more beautiful than nice walk along the beach few times a day.

Airport transfer-when you land you have to buy some sort of ticket for 50 $, that you must have when you leave the country, so don't forget to buy it on the airport, before you are checked at the custom.Outside the airport is a lot of taxi drivers, we payed 12$ for two person, but we took 3 combi taxi, because we were a group of 24 people wita a lot of luggage.Restaurants were great-we especially liked the Stake house (the first two dishes on the menu were superb). I wasn't so impresed about the mexican food (restaurant) although I saw some very good reviews on this side. The Sea food was average (we ate a lot of lobsters). The buffet restaurants at the Beach hotel was great, the staff was very nice, friendly and try to make you satisfied, although they don't speak a lot of english. I was dissapointed with the staff at the Palace buffet restaurant, because they were not very friendly, we often waited for water and end up without it.

What to bring-bring a lot of good mude and everything will be all right. what to pack-summer stuff (shorts, T-shirts, bathing suit). The towels are near the swimming pool-you can get it every time.They have a lot of souvenirs shops with clothing, souvenirs, tobacco, alcohol. I didn't see any store with food.The only bad experience was the staff in the Palace hotel and the wind that was blowing all the time.My husbund got a diarea, me and my son didn't. We all ate the same food, drank the same drinks, so I really couldn't say, why he got it. We all ate fruit and salads. The weather was bad the second week. The hole sky was full of cloudes, there was no clear sky to see, or the sun. It rained a lot, but not for a long time(you never knew when it's gonna start again), it was very windy, you can imagine the marriages that was going on on the beach. I saw one bride to cry, because of the weather, the wind was so powerfull that her dress wraped aroud her, the hair got massy immidiately, the air was full of the beach sand...

Hope you are satisfied with this "article", don't hasitate to ask some more.

Lea

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got bach from bavaro Beach resort

Which hotel do you think was nicer...the Caribe or the Beach? It says on my vocher Beach & Caribe so I'm not sure which one I'm exactly staying in....Maybe when I get there I can choose!

Slovenia, EU
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got bach from bavaro Beach resort

My voucher said the same. When you'll arrive the recepcionist will decide in which hotel he will put you. I think that the Beach is nicer, but I didn't see the rooms at the Caribe. You're on your own now to decide. In case that you won't like the room, you can change it next day.

Gaithersburg, MD
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got bach from bavaro Beach resort

Hi Seti,Just wondering: when the weather is bad, is the just miserable the entire day or just rains for a little while and then you can go back in the pool, etc.? We are going on Nov. 23 and I see on weather.com that it is 30% of rain for the first 4 days that we are there. Thanks

Vancouver, BC
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got bach from bavaro Beach resort

We just returned yesterday from Barcelo Beach & Caribe. Our room was in the Caribe section. The rooms in the Caribe and the Beach are VERY comparable. (unfortunatly we had a leaky bathroom....but we didnt care all that much - we were on holidays!!) Because a few complexes in the Beach are being renovated, the other hotels are at full capacity, so chances are you will not be able to change rooms. We couldn't even change rooms with our leaky roof!!! But the rooms are nice in the Caribe. Our travel partners were upgraded to the Palace, so it was about a 10 minute walk up the beach to get to their complex. The entire thing was beautiful. The staff are GREAT and very hardworking. One kinda bad thing....all four of us got sick!!! Bad cramps and diarrhea!!! And all on different days??? So watch the pina coladas - and apparently the fruit/vegetables for the first few days according to our travel hosts. (I'm a pina colada lover....so I'm honestly telling you to be careful and not drink too many!!) There is no sign of hurrican damage. You will have a fantastic time. In regards to Voltage....its 110 Volts as it is in Canada. I plugged my iron in (they have blowdryer there). Any other questions...please ask!! We had a great time.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got bach from bavaro Beach resort

Thanks Jackie900! I was a little concerned about the volatge but its great I don't need an converter! I went to Europe in 2001 and had bought an adapter kit but it didn't come with the converter (just the change in plugs) and I totally blew my hair dryer and my mom literally melted the tip of her curling iron! Glad you had a blast...I hope my BF and I don't lose our friends (we asked to be put close to each other)...maybe will bring the walki-talkies just in case. One question though...did you go on any snokling excursions? If so was it worth it? Last year we went on one but it wasn't by a reef and we hardly saw many fish.