We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For those who DIDN'T GET SICK in Punta Cana sign this post!

North York Ontario
Level Contributor
698 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic

Hey if you had to much to drink, you got a little upset stomach, or minor illness still sign. Personally I find this talk of sickness self serving to those who are trying to pursue compensation from their travel agents. I also don't believe many of the regurgitated posts claiming that three months later I am still sick from the trip- that could be from any number of viral or bacterial infections. And people are calling it 'the illness'. So a newbie longs on to Tripadvisor looking for information and reads posts pertaining to 'lingering mass illness' and is scared off from making an informed decision. There is no lingering mass illness. Here's the scoop- if someone can prove that the resort is responsible for 'their illness'. Really what should happen in a responsible manor is the Tour Company should issue 'a voucher' for a free trip. I personally don't believe that a tour operator(and I am not one) should refund your money! That will never happen, unless one could prove that the tour operator was totally negligent, new of a exact illness, new what the illness was, and deliberately put people in harms way. I don't believe that happened! Personally I am not a huge fan of tour operators or am I standing up for them(and I am talking about tour companies or the travel agent that you booked with). But I am a business man, and its not like you bought a pair of shoes and want to return them. The money is already spent. These companies of expenses too.

Again- sign if you didn't get sick!

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
131. Re: For those who DIDN'T GET SICK in Punta Cana sign this post!

Well now...a person takes one night off and all he** breaks loose!

The DR Rocks....

Bo Rocks......

Steak Rocks...

Sushi UGH.....

19 days for me guys!!!!!!