We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Melia Caribe, had unwanted guest in our room

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just back from Melia Caribe, had unwanted guest in our room

We just got back from the Melia Caribe Tropical. We had a mouse in our room for about 3 days until we were able to finally get it out. We had a lot of rain for about 4 days so maybe this is why the mice were moving into some rooms. I wonder if anyone else had this problem? Besides that, the grounds are beautiful and the service was great.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Melia Caribe, had unwanted guest in our room

OMG I would have freaked out if there was a mouse in my room! I don't mind if they stay outside! One evening we were sitting out on the patio outside our room and one of my friends saw a rodent like creature coming through the bushes. She screamed, jumped on her chair, my other friend followed suit, I already had my legs tucked under me. My friend who was by the patio door ran inside and locked it, leaving us to fend for ourselves! Of course all the shrieking scared it away. The yelping and banging continued til the coward let us in. We harrassed her for days afterward, still call her a big sissy, lol. She is supposed to be the bravest one of the bunch!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Melia Caribe, had unwanted guest in our room

While we were sitting in the beach restaurant at our resort, I became aware of some rustling in the "fake" rushes that lined one of the walls of the restaurant. I looked over just in time to a really big rat scurry out and run along the wall towards the kitchen. I'm not squeamish, and I thought it was kind of funny - especially when I realized one of the waiters was watching me watch the rat (I think he was waiting for me to have a hysterical reaction) - but I also kind of lost my appetite after that! Rodents in the restaurant are not very appetizing, and it made me wonder the next day what the dish was that they were serving up that was a whole bunch of little ribs. I couldn't think of any animal that would be that size except a rat!

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Melia Caribe, had unwanted guest in our room

Believe me I was not happy and could not sleep the rest of the night. That mouse was making so much noise in our room, turning things over like our umbrella and empty bottles of water. Thank God my husb open the slidding door and eventually it went outside. It was so funny. We were talking later to another lady that told us she was by the pool and put her half full drink down and a rat took off with it. LOL. Let me tell you going to DR its definitely an adventure. But we still had lots of fun and loved the resort, people very friendly.