We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegro Punta Cana: Is it ok for Kids?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carlisle...
12 posts
Save Topic
Allegro Punta Cana: Is it ok for Kids?

Hi - Our Travel agent has us a preety good deal for 5 nights at the Allegro Punta Cana by Occidental in June. We'll be traveling with our 12 yo girl and 8 yo boy. Is this place ok for kids? Thanks.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
132 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allegro Punta Cana: Is it ok for Kids?

It is fine for Chidren. We were there in Feb. THere is a childrens play area for smaller children, a beautful pool, of course the beach, and kids programs. We did not have children with us, but the ones we saw there seemed to be having a good time.

Caernarfon, United...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allegro Punta Cana: Is it ok for Kids?

overall.. i would say it was adequate- small play area just between building 1 and 2 it was closed when we were there tho.

the pool was a fair good size but make sure u take pool floaties with cos there's nothing like that around the pool. the beach is good- they will like it and if your kids are quite good swimmers there's an iceberg on the sunscape part of the sea which they can use- climb up and then slide into the sea.

When i was there back last week of April i guess there was only about 4-5 kids in the kids club.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Allegro Punta Cana: Is it ok for Kids?

I was there for March break and there were lots of kids around. It's funny, but the kids all seemed so well behaved! I saw a lot of them doing the kids club activities, and they seemed to be having a good time. One suggestion would be to take granola bars, goldfish crackers, chips, or other snacks that your kids like. If you stay on the beach to the point of severe hunger and need a shower before heading for dinner, your kids can have a snack to hold them over and won't get too cranky. As adults we wished we would have brought stuff like this because we would wait too long before eating and then stuff ourselves at dinner. There should be quite a few things that they like to eat at the buffet. Make sure they try the churros at breakfast. They are to die for!