We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa!!! Help!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Visa!!! Help!

Hi everyone

Iv never travelled outside Europe before and not sure what to do about a visa. Do I need to apply for one before I leave in June, or do you just fill out something on the plane on the way there?

Also, how much does it cost? THANKS! PLEASE GIVE ADVICE, especially anyone with a Greek/EU passport.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa!!! Help!

I don't think you need a visa going to DR on an EU passport. You will have to fill out a tourist card to get into DR.

We'll see if anybody else has more info about that.

london, uk
Level Contributor
418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa!!! Help!

allyandry.. you dont need to do anything until you reach DR, you fill out a visa form there, $10each then keep the bottom of the visa slip and pay $20 n the way home at the airport (in DR)

Far From Nutjobs
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa!!! Help!

Oh yeah.....I wanted to say something about the $10 in and the $20 out since I kept the extra $60 (3 of us) in my travel docs. for the departure fee. Those returning to the U.S. DO NOT pay the $20 pp on the way out of the DR but need that bottom half of the tourist card you will get when you arrive. BRING A PEN!!! I wasted more time asking for a pen than filling that thing out.

Mish

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa!!! Help!

Mishyboo, I think some Americans do pay the $20.00 departure tax - maybe yours was included in your package?

Just wondering!

Far From Nutjobs
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa!!! Help!

Hi Bella,

It wasn't. I knew of the entrance and exit fee (from this forum, my TA didn't even mention this good piece of info to me) so I was ready when we entered while others were surprised. I was also ready with the cash when we were leaving and was already at the gate and was still wondering when they were going to ask for this fee (now I was thinking they were going to collect it when we entered the US airport). While I was in the airport I started asking everyone and all from Canada had already paid the $20 but the Americans had not and they said if you're already here (ready to get on the plane), there is no other fee. I thought it was wierd too since I'm not even sure what that fee was for (nor the entrance fee).

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa!!! Help!

Hi Mish,

The $20US is a DR Departure Tax which is paid by ALL tourists. US based airlines include it in your airline ticket in the taxes section. Ask your T/A for an accounting of everything in the taxes section of your airplane ticket and I'm betting it will appear like magic.

Gregg

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa!!! Help!

Gregg, so what is the $10.00 visa some people have to pay?

I've never paid this before!

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa!!! Help!

Sorry, Gregg, got my answer on the other thread! Thanks!

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa!!! Help!

thanks everyone! great! so i dont have to pay ��120 for a visa?

wiked!

really happy now :) :) :)