We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Breezes

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
5 posts
Save Topic
Back from Breezes

And am quite a bit surprised!! I was a bit sceptical going there with all of the reviews / warnings that I've read here. However, much to my amazement - the trip turned out to be fantastic!!

My wife and I went to Breeze from 12th through the 17th, and just about the only complaint that I've got is RAIN!!

I'll post a review with a few pictures later on this week, but meanwhile I wanted to share this with everyone who's going to Breezes in the near future.

Here's a piece of advice first: in your expectations, be realistic!! The facts about the resort are on the table, and if you are expecting anything more - you will be disappointed.

We went in, expecting to get decent food, decent service, and decent entertainment. We also expected to get sick, and were equipped with tums, imodium, pepto. What we managed to experience: GREAT food! Great & friendly service, and decent entertainment. The food was simply awesome, remember that the cousine will appeal more to the european taste buds, but should satisfy just about any appetite. We tried the japanese & italian restaurants, and found both to be excellent! We didn't care for the reservation rules, which is why on our 5 night stay - we only dined at the a-la-carte restaurants twice.

We did not get sick once, but did have a problem with our big stomacks, which was caused by nothing else but our gluttony (our fault - no one forced us to eat). We did manage to learn that we cannot possibly try everything there is to try, and towards the end of our stay managed to fill our plates only with what our bodies can handle!

The only downer was the daily down pouring. But get this: we managed to get sun burnt twice, without ever seeing the sun. I'd say the rain probably saved us from sun over exposure. The ocean was great, 3-5 foot waves make one heck of a banana boat ride! We really enjoyed the boogie bording, and just swimming in the Ocean. The pool was great, no filmy residue as some have pointed out. There was a bit of debree swimming about, but you've gotta remember that the pool is surrounded by vegitation, leaves and other things WILL fall in.

Staff were extremely friendly, and very helpful. We knew that we were in DR where the only language one can be expected to speak is Spanish, yet we found plenty who spoke enough English to get us by. Ask Ramon @ the pool bar to mix you up a bottle of Mama Juana, you wont regret it! ;-)

Overall, despite the rain we rate this our best trip thus far, and we would most certainly come back there again!!

Those who are going - enjoy your trip!

PS: We saw 3 mosquitos on our trip, beware!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
257 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Breezes

I was just down there from May 6th to 18th. We stayed at the Bahia, but visited the Breezes for a wedding.

Personally I didn't find the resort all the impressive. I think it needs a facelift. Much of the plaster and marble was cracking and/or discoloured. The rooms were out dated. And I just found the lighting a little dark.

The Bahia is much newer, and as such everything is in tip top shape.

I do agree that the beaches in front of the Breezes are great for waves. Our beach was much less rough, which was a disapointment to me as I wanted to boogyboard.

As for the food, we ate at the Grill resteraunt, and the "steak" we got looked more like a hamburgar fried in a frying pan. But it didn't make us sick which is good.

In my opinion I would say the resort LOOKED (just judging by appearance) like a 3.5 star resort and not a 4. But once again we stayed at the Bahia and it's a 5 star and maybe our expecations were a little too high when we walked down for our visits.

I'm Glad to hear you had a good time on your trip. We also had the rain. At times it wasn't too bad. It would only rain for a little bit, and most of the time we didn't even leave the beach/pool. It kind of cooled us down for a bit and then when the sun came out we felt much better.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Breezes

Hello DSPMAX

We are leaving in 2 days for Breezes and, quite frankly, I am nervous about the stomach issues. Did you see a lot of people being picked up by ambulance as others have stated? I am wondering if I should call my travel agent and change resorts from hearing all the other posts about the ecoli problem.

We are from MA too, and we have travelled a bit. I don't think that we have extremely high expectations, but do not want to come home ill.

Thanks