We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Punta Cana - 2 questions

New York City
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Punta Cana - 2 questions

We are booked at the regular Junior Suites at the Gran Bahia PC, no Golden for us :) ...

1.do they provide any soap, shampoo etc. or should we bring our own?

2. I understand that long pants are required for dinner at the specialty restaurants... are nice jeans ok, or do they expect "dress pants"? and what about the buffet for dinner, are shorts acceptable?

Thanks

Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana - 2 questions

Hi joherb.

We stayed in the Golden club so we did get the toiletries basket. I don't think that all the rooms get this. That said, there simply was not enough stuff in that basket to get you through. There was NO conditioner. I would suggest bringing your own to be on the safe side. You can always just leave it behind when you come back to save room.

As for the dress requirements. We did see someone turned away at the french restaurant for wearing jeans. I have heard others say they didn't have a problem. We brought jeans but never wore them cuz it was way too HOT. lol. My boys and hubby just wore cargo pants.

Shorts are fine for the buffet. Buffet at the pool for lunch :people just go in in their swimsuits.

Enjoy. Hope your trip is spectacular

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana - 2 questions

During our last few trips to the Bahia ---people were also turned away for wearing shorts to the buffet in the evening.

You really don't want to wear jeans ---the humidity is high and jeans are heavy.

Durham City
Level Contributor
405 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana - 2 questions

There have been some reports of the Bahia Principe San Juan sister hotel in Punta Cana also carrying that bug? I know for sure that 50 peope were sick and hired a solictor to pursue things. Just a little bit of information for you joherb.

To inform yourself and keep yourself safe, do make sure you read all the links and threads on the Punta Cana and Puerto Plata site joherb. Any decision needs to be made fully informed and of course, that's why your here. Good luck.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana - 2 questions

It's weird because I saw people turned away wearing shorts at one restaurant yet I saw 3 men in shorts at another. Jeans are fine but like the other poster said they can be quite uncomfortable due to the high humidity and lack of a breeze. Shorts seem to be fine for the buffet

5. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana - 2 questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to copyright infringement. By law, we must remove any messages that include content protected by copyright which has been reproduced without direct permission from the author/publisher -- this includes but is not limited to items copied and pasted from online news agencies, magazines and commercial/personal websites, trademarks, passwords, confidential information, or intellectual property of any other person.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:52 am, August 14, 2007
Oshawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,586 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana - 2 questions

All soap shampoo, conditioner is supplied in the rooms as well as the hairdryer - if for some reason you run out, just ask the maids for more - has never been an issue for us after 3 trips there.

Long pants (not jeans) are required for the specialty restaurants but not for the buffet - I have never seen anyone turned away for wearing shorts at the buffet for dinner - most of the shorts you see people wearing at dinner are of the dressy variety - you just very seldom ever see anyone wearing denim jeans as they are not too practical in that climate.

Hope this helps and have a great time !!

John

calgary
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana - 2 questions

joanne2 - thank you for being so diligent in your efforts to educate those who do not understand or know what is going on. It is such a serious issue! My husband and I were in PC in January at the Riu Palace Punta Cana for one week. My husband was so sick he had every bit of clothing he owned piled on him for warmth and he was still sick at home for two weeks. We have travelled yet have never had this problem and it is very scary when every comment I make is overruled by someone I believe has been hired by either a resort or DR. Your have been very reasonable and calm in your responses and I thank you for that. This personally means nothing to me - I would never go back - I just think everyone has the right to be properly informed before spending a fortune. I'll leave it at that. :)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana - 2 questions

We just returned yesterday. We saw many people in the restaurants wearing jeans. My husband always wore khakis, and my son cargo shorts. I personally think jeans would be way too hot. No problem with shorts in the buffet. Lots of people wore bathing suits cover-ups to breakfast.

9. Re: Gran Bahia Punta Cana - 2 questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 07, 2009