We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Transat & Dominican Customs

On., Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air Transat & Dominican Customs

Canadians(maybe everyone too) be warned.....we feel there is a scam going at the Domican airport. Two incidents. One upon arrival .....one of our group had his luggage checked & then they indicated by rubbing their fingers together that they wanted money. He gave what he had handy a $20 (should have offered CDN..they probably would have declined.)

Next was when we were leaving. Either Toronto airport is lax as no one had overweight luggage but when we checked upon departure about 1/3 of our group had to pay. My cousin who bought nothing was over by 4 kilos. Doesn't make sense. Someone else was over by 15 & had to pay $90.Their purchases were in their carry on.

Then another said "I don't have any money...bill me!!!" but what they did was take it from the suitcase & put it in the carry on. Still on the plane just somewhere else. Crazy!

On., Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Air Transat & Dominican Customs

Forgot to mention that Air Transat also told me that T. O. airport is usually more lax that some of the smaller ones.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Air Transat & Dominican Customs

Air-Transat and some of the other Canadian "charter" carriers offer "free" transportation of Sports Equipment (ie Golf Glubs)

I stuff my golf bag with lot's of things.....

On., Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Air Transat & Dominican Customs

thanks mirak...will keep this in mind for next time & have hubby take his golf bag full of my shoes & snorkel stuff *S*