We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from Punta Cana Airport

Virginia
1 post
1 review
Transfers from Punta Cana Airport

We're booked at the Paradisus Punta Cana in September and was advised by the hotel that they don't offer paid transfers. We've read a lot of posts of people having problems or being "scammed" when trying to catch a cabin to their resorts. Does anybody have any reliable shuttle/transfor companies that they can provide us info on so we can arrange for them ahead of time?

625 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
1. Re: Transfers from Punta Cana Airport

Just take a taxi.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Transfers from Punta Cana Airport

A taxi is easily caught at the airport, but if you are looking for a recommendation I use www.dominicanairporttransfers.com

Extremely professional and reliable.

Kaki

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,076 posts
84 reviews
3. Re: Transfers from Punta Cana Airport

I am not sure how they were scammed. Each taxi driver at the airport has a print out sheet of the pre-set costs to and from the airport to the hotels. Our experience with them was great and very professional, not to mention quick. The shuttles arrived about an hour after we did at the hotel.

barb

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Transfers from Punta Cana Airport

I would also suggest a taxi to your resort. We used them and they are reliable and professional, always available (not to our resort but for trips off the resort). As the above poster mentioned you will get there quicker...not dropping off others at other resorts.

Beavercreek, Ohio
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Transfers from Punta Cana Airport

we had transfers included in our pkg price with "Turinter Tours"--very friendly, efficient. you may want to consider pre-booking your transfer arrival and departure and then you won't have to think again about it. some advice... on our departure, the rep from Turinter informed us that there were problems at the puj airport and it was closed so we had to drive 2 hrs to la romana airport (thank goodness in a/c minibus). we heard from others that arrived from resort in punta cana that they were unaware of the airport closing until last minute and had to scramble for a taxi--it cost them $100!! cash.. i know i didn't have that kind of cash left after a fun week in paradise, and my family of 6 would have needed 2 taxis.---just something to consider..(check out turintertours.com)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
6. Re: Transfers from Punta Cana Airport

Do you know how long the ride is from the airport to the hotels? I'm going to the Paradisus. Thanks!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,395 posts
106 reviews
7. Re: Transfers from Punta Cana Airport

35 minutes +/- and around $40

Bronly is a great transfer service

ibkservicios@gmail.com

Ma
Level Contributor
22 posts
8. Re: Transfers from Punta Cana Airport

Anybody know how much it costs and how long it takes to go from the PC airport to Gran Bahia?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
9. Re: Transfers from Punta Cana Airport

just 5 more minutes than above described for the paradisus punta cana, should be the same rate, max 5 bucks up.

happy travel

Mike

Orange, California
Level Contributor
213 posts
21 reviews
10. Re: Transfers from Punta Cana Airport

Do you know round abouts how much it would cost to take a taxi? We are staying at the royal suites turquesa at the palladium resorts...thank you...:)

Reply to: Transfers from Punta Cana Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted