We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding at paradisus punta cana

new york city
6 posts
Save Topic
wedding at paradisus punta cana

anyone gotten married or been to a wedding at this resort? is punta cana better than playa del carmen? any info would be much appreciated.

also, any other resorts you can recommend for destination wedding. i'm looking for 5-4 star accomodations for affordable prices for my guests.

thanks!

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding at paradisus punta cana

Hi Triangle !

I didn't see a wedding when I was there, but the resort is beautiful, we walked all over the place.

I have one suggestion, which may be good for you.

We stayed next door at Bavaro Princess ( 4.5*), it used to be all part of the same resort, so the architecture is the same, good restaurants etc., on the same beach as Paradisus. You can get married at the Paradisus (I would recommend it over the Princess) and have all your guest stay at the Bavaro Princess.

Beach is absolutely beautiful, white sand, blue water. The resort is big, but very well laid out.

If I may make another suggestion, you can check out the Bavaro Barcelo complex. You can stay at the Palace (5*) and your guest can stay at the Beach or Caribe (4*) sections. Makes it very convenient, as you have access to all the resorts in the complex. Also the beach in that part of PC I think is a bit nicer as the water is much calmer (good for frolicking with your new hubby, if you know what I mean - just don't get too carried away, there arre kids there lol lol)

If it was my wedding I'd go to the Palace - more entertainment, restaurants, bars etc.

(I wish we could do it in the DR, but few members have health/age issues, so now I have to get married in NJ - Arghhhhh!!!)

Congrats and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have more questions, ask!

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding at paradisus punta cana

Hi Triangle, Another resort is the Bahia Principe, it has a great looking gazebo for getting married in. Mexico has more things to do off the resort then in Punta Cana. Also the Mayan Riveria is a nice place to go but costs about $200.00 - $400.00 more per person for the same thing. I at the Bavaro Princess last year and they had a wedding going on there and it looked very nice. the couple got married on the beach under an arch. The Paradisis is a nicer resort just more money.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding at paradisus punta cana

Hi Triangle. I am a photographer and have one to do in the Mayan Riveria at the Rui resort next week, They are staying at the Playacar and getting permission to go to the Palace for their photos. The couple can stay at the Palace and the guests at the other 3 resorts of their choosing which cost less. I will let you know how this resort works out for photos when I get back!!

Phil

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding at paradisus punta cana

Hi triangle read my review. We got married at Secrets Excellence April 8th. I posted today

Any questions let me know.

5. Re: wedding at paradisus punta cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:04 am, October 20, 2006