We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus, Melia Caribe Tropical or Secrets WHich has the...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus, Melia Caribe Tropical or Secrets WHich has the...

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Punta Cana in January. I was reading the reviews and getting the impression that the beach on the Secrets property is not the typical caribbean beach pic, one is used to seeing. ARe the other two hotels, do they have a better beach. What about accomodations comparison. We are a young couple in our late twenties looking for the right environment. Thanks for your help.

oshawa ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus, Melia Caribe Tropical or Secrets WHich has the...

Hello

I stayed @ the Melia and everything was wonderful. The beach is amazing. I think its true about the beach at Secrets...not quite the perfectly white sand you expect. The paradissus looks amazing. My parents stayed next door at the bavaro princess, and the beach there was also breathtaking. I think if an amazing beach is high on your priority list I would recommend the Melia or Paradissus. I'm in my late twenties and the melia suited me fine. I just wanted to relax. It's not a big party all the time. If your looking for a romantic getaway its perfect. Save the money between the melia and paradissus and choose the melia, you won't be dissapointed.

Go to www.debbiesdominicantravel.com there you can view pictures of all the resorts your thinking of and make your decision. Hope this helps and you have a great time.

Craig

Canada

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus, Melia Caribe Tropical or Secrets WHich has the...

THanks for the advice. Great website referral.

Bergerstown, MD
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus, Melia Caribe Tropical or Secrets WHich has the...

Also try judy and maria's travel, they have a lot of recent pictures of Secrets and the resort is total luxury, the beach looks beautiful but the water is a little rougher than the Bavaro beach area. It have some waves while the other beach is really calm. It all depends on what you like, there is more of a tropical breeze at Secrets too which is better for sunfish sailing.

Ontario
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus, Melia Caribe Tropical or Secrets WHich has the...

The beach at the Paradisus is the best followed by the Melia resort. While we've been to the Paradisus we might try Secrets Excellence next time (adults only appeals to us). If your choice is between Paradisus and the Melia, spend the extra money (if you can) and go to the Paradisus.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus, Melia Caribe Tropical or Secrets WHich has the...

Thanks Guys, well know the travel agent recommended Riu Palace Macao, but that was not the atmosphere we were looking for. It looks like Secrets may be sold out the week we are going at least for the cheaper room.