We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excursions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh, PA
10 posts
Save Topic
excursions

We are heading to stay at the Secrets Excellence Resort in June. We are anxious but also very nervous about going. We hear so much bad about the Dominican Republic but also a lot of good things. We have so many questions.

Is there any excursions such as Swimming with Dolphins, snorkeling, etc. Although we want to just sit around and relax at the beach/pool a lot, we also want to take advantage of our time alone with out the kids and do as much as we can.

Any suggestion/comments would be appreciated.

What should we pack??? What is the weather like in June???

Thanks in advance for any and all information you can provide!

Jim and Carol

schrec7@comcast.net

h2o
uk
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: excursions

Hi....... there is a swimming with dolphin trip at manite park but i have heard bad reports obout the way they are kept , you can wim with nurse sharks and manterays at the marinariem , that suppose to be better . there is also a jeep safari that is a good day june will be hot so i would take light clothing shorts ,tshirtsfor covering up in the resturant and trips and cool dresses and pants shirts and tshirts and a couple of smart things for some resterants with a dress code

easton, pa
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: excursions

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon in October. Horseback riding is included, and I highly recommend taking advantage of it. My husband I went on the 4 wheelers, $75 for both of us on one quad, and you can sign up to the right of resort (over by the watersports) We were the only couple along with the instructor. It was definately worth every penny. He took us through the countryside, which is absolutely beautiful, and then we went through town with the quad. We then drove to this cave which was pretty cool. The best part through was just driving through the mountainous countryside. It was about 2 hours we were gone. We also did the Outback Safari which I recommend to anybody going to PC. Your on an open truck, and you go through town, stop at a family's home, see how they make their coffee and chocolate, etc. I recommend buying some coffee, cocoa, and their vanilla. Then we went up into the mountains and stop at a home their. They tell you how they make mamajuana, and you can buy this here. Then we stopped at a Dominican ranch for lunch - my husband says it the best lunch our whole honeymoon. We then went to another beach and went boogeyboarding before going back to our resort. We left about 8 am and got back to Secrets 5 pm. Some of excursions for snorkeling were canceled b/c the water was still cloudy - it was a few weeks after the hurricane hit. You should also take advantage of the photographer at the resort. I believed we paid 120.00 for 25 5X7's. You go through the resort and on the beach and he takes awesome pics! As far as relaxing at the pool. We loved every bit of it. Our room overlooked the cascade pool (recomend emailing the resort and asking for a third floor room reservation in one of the buildings overlooking this pool). This part of the resort was so quiet, and most of the time we were one of the few couples in this area at once. We didn't go into the ocean much - was a bit rough - but even on the beach we laid on the lounge chairs and alot of times we were the only couple around. Believe me, my husband and I had no idea what to pack so we packed everything!!!! Take one pair of pants for horseback riding, and something you don't mind getting dirty if you want to do the quads. As far as the outback, dress light with bathing suit. Other than that, we were in our bathing suits all day...just take something to throw over your suit during the day, and at night I wore sundresses and my husband wore collared shirts and khakis. We both had a suitcase full of clean clothes that we didnt wear (like shorts, pants, and sweatshirts) Not once did we need a jacket or anything long sleeve. What else I recommend? - bug spray just in case - we never used it or seen any mosquitos or sand fleas, extra film, immodium (again just in case we never used this), something for heartburn (their rum did something to me, and the gift shop had nothing for heartburn), bubble bath (or something for the jacuzzi), tea light candles, $100 in singles and hershey kisses or some kind of small chocolate that you can leave for maids, school supplies or items from dollar store that you can pass to the kids in town if you go on excursion...I think I got it down...lol. Have fun:)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: excursions

we stayed at Bahia Principe for 2 weeks april 7-21....we did 4 excursions

Saona Island-12 hour day to a sweet island

Cribbean Festival-snorkel with sharks and reef fish

Bavaro Splash-drive your own 2 person speed boat and snorkel off a reef

Shopping-visit a cigar factory, rum factory and a shopping centre (if you want to be harrassed by store workers looking to take you for all your money this is the trip for you....be ready to barter your face off.....be sure to pay no more than half of their "first offer"

aside from the shopping all trips were just awesome and were worth it for us....if you are there for only 1 week i'd pick 2