We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress for dinner

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Dress for dinner

Can anyone help me with more info on what kind of shoes men must wear for dinner. We are staying at Sunscape the Beach from 5/6-5/13 and I have read that men must have their toes covered for dinner.

My husband has a very nice pair of sandals that cover most of his toes (kind of open), will these work? It sounds like a silly question, but I hate to be unprepared!

Any help would be appreciated!

Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress for dinner

Hi bdt allen hope to meet you! we arrive april 30/may 14! You getting excited? I have heard no sandals at all for men.My husband always brings a pair of loafers.

Ontario
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress for dinner

The resort told me no open toe shoes for men at the a la carte restaurants.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress for dinner

Thank you to you both for replying!

I will make sure my husband has something!

Yes, Islandlorna, I am getting very excited!! You only have one more week!

Hope to meet you also! I think I told you before it will be me and my husband and another couple. We all went to IB five years ago and wanted to try something new this time.

We might be easy to pick out if you spot us because I am blond-haired and blue-eyed and my husband looks like he is dominican!!

Only nine more work days!

State College
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress for dinner

We arrive on 5/14 and are to be married on 5/20, I specifially asked about the shoe "rule" for men to my wedding coordinator, men must wear a closed toe shoe.

Sorry we will miss you! Hope you have a great stay.