We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro

Just called the resort and reserved two rooms - 1 at the Royalton Bavaro (family suite, non-diamond club), and 1 at the Royalton Punta Cana (double room, diamond club) - both are the same price. I like the extra space the family suite gives us, but it doesn't come with the diamond club option. The other room is smaller but has the diamond club offering. We are able to cancel within 48 hours of arrival so I booked both in order to research a bit. My question is: is the diamond club worth it or should we go with the Bavaro family suite? 2 adults and 2 kids (6, 3). Thanks!! :)

23 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro

Stephanie, note that staying in non-DC at the Bavaro will not give you access to the PC and adjoined Memories Splash section. Staying at the PC even in non-DC gives you access to Memories Splash. Not sure if this would make a difference for your kids and the waterpark there.

manchester england
Level Contributor
2,148 posts
1 review
2. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro

People from the bavaro were walking through the Punta cana to the water park, same wristband, if you want top shelf diamond is a must, plus you can book restaurants. Bavaro as the lazy river the kids would enjoy.plus kids pool. Huge amount of loungers at the bavaro with shaded areas,

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
3. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro

Yes, this is an important factor as our kids will love the water park. Thanks so much!

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
4. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro

Thanks @maximurph. Decisions decisions! They would love the lazy river but also love the water park.. and the adults prefer top shelf.. hmmm will probably end up choosing the PC for the waterpark access and DC. :)

Edited: 5:02 pm, October 16, 2018
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro

I would do Diamond club hands down. I didn't have Diamond at the RB or RPC, but at the Royalton Rivera Cancun. I met a family of 4 (2 young girls) that said Diamond club was a God send just on being able to make reservations alone.

Diamond club seemed like 3-4 steps above the regular section just based on the service of staff and efficiency. You have much more amenities and benefits at your disposal with DC

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro

I still believe DC is worth it if you book it before arrival and get a decent price. As previously mentioned, it is nice to have the option of making reservations if you want. And it does provide you additional food options and sit down a la cartes breakfast.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,697 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro

DC is worth it if you drink premium liquor and location close to beach.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro

If your kids are only 6 & 3 ... The memories splash wouldn't offer much for them . The water slides have height restrictions. The kids splash pad area at memories is similar to the kids pool area at Bavaro. Plus the lazy river at Bavaro is nice. We liked DC at Bavaro as the have the lounge ... So was easy to go down and get a couple of drinks to bring up to the room later in the evening when kids were in bed.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro

Little confused. If diamond at Punta Cana I can use Bavaro? Does this work for food reservations as well? Thanks for the help

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
10. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro

Hi @JO71AL, thanks for this helpful info. We chose the Royalton mostly based on its access to the waterpark! If our children can’t use it maybe there is a resort that is better suited toward younger kids. Any recommendations? They are two active boys that like to be on the go... the parents really just want good food/drinks and a nice beach!! :)

Reply to: Royalton Punta Cana Vs. Royalton Bavaro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted