We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food at Sunscape the Beach

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mansfield, MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Food at Sunscape the Beach

I just got back tonight from a week at Sunscape the Beach. It was the BEST time I had a carribean resort. The only downside. The food. It really was not good. It would be the only thing preventing me from going back. If you go, make sure you take advantage of the other restaurants for dinner - Dreams, Japanese, Seaside Grill, etc. These were much better than the buffet. I ate a lot of potatoes and pineapple during the week because there was nothing else that I liked, and I'm not a picky eater. If I go again I will make sure to bring snacks with me!

Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Food at Sunscape the Beach

Crispy welcome back! did you go to the disco, shows ect. Did you try the spa, do you remember prices there? Any other info you would like to share? thankyou for your thoughts!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food at Sunscape the Beach

Crispy --

Could not agree with you more. I was there from April 1 - 10 and I LOVED the pool and people. The food was not good at all. I too am not a picky eater, but I found very few things that I liked. Dreams and Japanese were quite good, but when I went to Japanese (twice) I had been sick for days and nothing tasted good.

I would go back for the pool and the people, but not being to find much to eat that I liked for 10 days and being sick for the last 5 days, makes me think twice about going again. 5 of the 6 of us got sick. We made the most of it by taking LOTS of immodium and trying to make light of the situation.

Mansfield, MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food at Sunscape the Beach

I didn't go to the spa, but I did see the prices. Pretty standard - $60 or so for a massage. The disco was a lot of fun. We went almost every night. The shows were good too, for the most part. There is certainly plenty to do at night. The beach party on Wed night was a lot of fun too. We even made it to the beach bar one morning at 3am and there were quite a few people there. Any other questions just let me know.

As far as getting sick, one of us got sick all night, but I did have a few days of going to the bathroom - a lot! The japanese was by far my favorite. I would love to go back, but if I did I would certainly pack snacks and avoid the buffet at all costs!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Food at Sunscape the Beach

Which all inclusive resort in Punta Cana does jave the best food?