We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinners at an all inclusive?

punta
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
dinners at an all inclusive?

The all inclusive means you won't have to pay for dinner at all right? My understanding is as long as you make a reservation, that you can eat at any resteruant at the resort for free every night of your stay. so, If I want steak and lobster everynight, I can have steak and lobster every night. But, If I like The Creol food I can eatr that everynight as well. There is not a coupon system or anything? Thanks for the help!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: dinners at an all inclusive?

At most resorts the a la carte restaurants require reservations. You are limited to one visit at each specialty restaurant per week. The buffets are open breakfast, lunch and dinner and have unlimited visits. Unless the buffet at your resort offers steak & lobster you will not get it daily. Hope this helps.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
459 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: dinners at an all inclusive?

Most resorts allow you 3-4 a la carte (specialty) restaurants per 7 night stay. You can have the buffet dinner as many nights as you like, and you usually make reservations for the nicer restaurants. where are you staying?

punta
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: dinners at an all inclusive?

We are staying at the IB Bavaro. So, 3-4 Speciality resteruants for dinner and the rest of the time it is the buffet. The buffet for breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner. How much would the meals be at the resteruants if you decide to just pay for them?

Far From Nutjobs
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: dinners at an all inclusive?

Hi mulshoe, I don't believe there is an option to just pay for them. This will be my first time in the DR but when we were in Jamaica last year, also at an AI, there was an additional charge, of I think $12, at one of the restaurants for lobster. Your resort may offer lobster at no charge but the buffet is usually always used for breakfast. For lunch, besides the buffet, you'll probably have other options such as a pool/beach grill, and maybe another cafe type option within the resort. The dinners usually have the buffet again, as well as the various restaurants to choose from, w/whatever rules of access your resort has.

Indiana
Level Contributor
469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dinners at an all inclusive?

Hey mulshoe,

My applevacation book shows they have 9 rests. 5 of them being specialty (reservation). Also, you should be able to use all the rests. at the dominicana and punta cana side.

Palms

punta
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: dinners at an all inclusive?

Palmsaswayin so what your sayin is that is that we should be all set for using all three of the resorts and should be able to eat at a different Ala Carte every night? I don't think that I could handle Lobster every night. I would much rather have Crab than lobster any day.

Indiana
Level Contributor
469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dinners at an all inclusive?

mulshoe,

my travel book shows the following:

at bavaro - 2 gourmet rest., mediterranean, steakhouse, japanese

punta cana/dominicana - mexican, and italian restaraunts

Plus, of course, they all have lots of other places to eat for breakfast/lunch, and dinner buffets if you choose.

Looks like you'll have lots of variety.

They should have a shuttle to transfer you around the 3 complexes.

Have fun, Palms

San Francisco
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: dinners at an all inclusive?

We are going to be staying at Secrets for a week. Will we be limited in the number of nights we can eat at one of the specialty restaurants? I don't mind having the buffet for breakfast and lunch but I would rather have a sit down dinner.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dinners at an all inclusive?

Mulshoe, some of the books advertise only one visit per restaurant, but not all of them. I found, that once you get to the resort, many of them will not even notice when you go to book more than once. (just don't do it all at the same time, eg. booking for the whole week). Some hotels even if they notice, they usually don't give you hard time at all, or may ask for a small surcharge. Just go to the reservation desk everyday and go for it, you'll probably get away with it, most of the time we do.

London, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dinners at an all inclusive?

As I understand it from the reviews, there are 7 specialty restaurants, no reservations required and you may eat at any of the restaurants as many times as you like.