We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Iberostars

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
459 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Iberostars

we just returned from a great trip to Mexico and stayed at the Tucan/Quetzal. Loved It!!! Looking to go to Punta Cana and staying at an Iberostar. Have found some good deals on Iberostar Punta Cana. I would like to know the difference between the the Dominicana, Punta Cana and Bavaro.

Will have two kids with us ages 6 & 9.

thanks Lisa

New York
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Iberostars

Here's what I know. The Punta Cana and Dominicana are like mirror images and staying at one entitles you to use of the other. Recentaly (Easter time) stayed at the Dominicana and it was awesome. Out at the pool you see the Punta Cana pool and as I said share their stuff. If you stay at the Bavaro you use a trolly or walk 5 minutes and get use of things at all three. Other posters have said the Bavaro is "calmer" and the livlier groups seem to be at the other two.

We loved the Domincana (me, hubby 13 year old and 8 year old)

saw
calgary
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Iberostars

I stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro last year (in May). Beautiful resort. The Dominicana and Punta Cana are right next door. The Bavaro is very spread out as the rooms are all in 8 room "villas". Some are quite far back from the pool and ocean. I asked for a room near the ocean and ended up with an ocean view. I would highly recommend this resort. Food excellent, I did not take my teens but seemed to be quite a few younger kids there. The only trolley is the one that takes you to your room at the start of your stay but it is not too far a walk. There are peacocks and flamingos on the property and lots of gardens. Beach was sandy and beautiful ( but very windy when I was there in May). Very nice sized rooms especially if you have children as all rooms have a separate sitting area (and where the TV is located) with a built in L shaped sofa area and also a large patio with seating. You could dine at any of the Iberostars but the only use I made was at lunch at the beach restaraunts which were available at Bavaro and the Dominica /Punta Cana ( which is really just like one big hotel). There is also an ice cream bar there etc. I recall the Bavaro had a special " childrens buffet " each evening. I might ask for a room in the area of the pool or the ocean and then you will not be too far from the dining area either.

devon uk
Level Contributor
237 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Iberostars

hiya my family and i stayed at the iberostar punta cana last oct and loved it. there is no difference between punta cana and dominicana so if i were you i would grab the cheapest price. the hotels are mirror images of each other and have shared facilities.

the staff are fantastic and the hotel is beautiful. the rooms are clean and are stocked daily with beer, fizzy drinks and water.

hope this helps xx

Maidenhead UK
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Iberostars

This site may be of use try it and let me know if it helps

http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com

Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Iberostars

Hola!

Having just returned fromthe Iberostar Punta Cana in March, I can attest to the previous post's that state the Dominicana, and the Punta Cana are "sister" resorts in every sense.

I must say one difference that stands out is the NEW junior suites at the Punta Cana.

We were lucky enough to have our entire group get the new suites, and althoughthey are closer to the foyer, and to the buffets. they are a 5 minute walk from the beach, which when you are on vacation, and the grounds are as beutiful as the Iberostar, it is a pleasure to walk this each and every day!

The Bavaro did seem to be a little more calm, and although you may walk the grounds of the Bavaro while a guest at either the Punta Cana, or Dominicana, you may not use the facitlities.

On the other hand, while a guest of the Bavaro, you are entitled to the use of all 3 resorts.

After taking a good look around, and having been in the suites at all 3 resorts (we just happen to know people at all 3) we were very happy with our choice, our rooms, and the fact that we had saved some money by not taking the Bavaro.

We instead used the extra cash to do a couple of excursions!

I am sure that you will ove the Iberostar Punta Cana!

Cheers

Jimmy

Debbie's Dominican Fiesta Committee

www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

DREAM...of assisting the eductaion of the children

DREAM...of a FREE Dominican vacation

DREAM...of doing both with a $20 donation

DREAM Vacation Give Away vouchers are still available.

Win a FREE Dominican vacation, as there are only 536 vouchers to be donated for.

www.fiesta.webcentre.ca