We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking age?

calgary
3 posts
Save Topic
Drinking age?

Are they strict on the drinking age in Punta Cana? I am 20 years old and am hoping to take an all inclusive vacation but am concerned that I may not be allowed to drink :(

New Jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking age?

DR drinking age is 18.. :-)

calgary
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking age?

That is excellent news!!!!! thank you!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking age?

We took our kids there when they were 13 and 16 ,both got beer,I don't think you will have any problems.

new jersey
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking age?

I agree - you wont have any problems. The didn't even question my 16 year old daughter. Of course I only let her have one or two drinks a day.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinking age?

My 16 year old had fun getting drinks for his dad and was only denied once. It was a game with the two of them to try out all the bartenders! One more way to have fun in the Dominican.

6. Re: Drinking age?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 31, 2009